Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random Ramblings

2006 Random Ramblings

Can't wait for this season to start.......

I'm pretty happy with my roster, and how AI drafted for me.

So any predictions on who's going to win each division?

Rookie ERA
    Look out for my Cooperstown bullpen

MLB ERA
    For being a team with a nicely built farm system, I should still be fairly competitive... I have some good quality youngsters and vets at the ML level.. my problem will be the #4 spot in my 4 man rotation... Runelvys Hernandez, a 1 star SP, in penciled in for now. I have a couple in AAA that should be ready very soon. Hernandez has 7-8-8 talent though and could do OK if he raises from his 6-6-8 ratings. I could have a serious ROY candidate in Jeremy Hermida.... I should score some runs, especially in the top 2/3 of my lineup... the question is can the 3&4 starters as well as the bullpen do enough to make this team go over being a .400 team?
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

.500 season for me. Amazing pitching but little ML-ready hitting.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Im boasting one of the best staffs in baseball. And i think i have enough offense to win the AL West. Yeah i said it.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I know I'm going to finish ahead of Arizona and Los Angeles.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

We got some top teams in the AL East. All of them can equally win the division. It's going to be an interesting season in this division.

But really, I only wish injuries to strike all their teams and I come out on top.

Good luck to the AL East.

Here are my predictions(Dont get made at me, it is just what i think)

AL East -
    Close one to call. Everyone pretty much has a shot. Well everyone but me boston i would say and my team isnt that bad. Dont be suprised if every team is above .500 if that doesnt happen everyone will be close to it atless. I think it really is down to 3 teams: Cooperstown, Kansas City, Philadelphia, but that doesnt mean Savannah cant be apart of it, i just think those 3 are a bit better on the offence. I think it will be the Philadelphia Phillies. If they dont win it it will be because of their pitching. Bet on the wild card coming for here too.

AL Central -
    This is too a pretty nice division and it will come down to 3 teams also. Detroit, Colorado, Cleveland. These teams are pitching teams. They all are real strong there but i like Cleveland the most. They got an amazing rotation.

AL West - This whole sbsl is really close and it is in this division too. Everyone is good. Just see the Angels winning it.

NL East - This one is easy in my books. I think the Braves will win it with that great team and the nats will follow them if they dont trade away there team because of salary.

NL Central - This division isnt too great. It will be close between a few teams: Cincinnati, Tennessee, Louisville and i think ill give it to the reds, but Tenn will be close behind if the deal between me(boston) and him passes.

NL West - There are 3 teams that can take it. Los Angeles, Olympia, Virginia and well i think that Los Angeles is the one that is way better. So i would think that the others have a chance.

I only used the reports so they arent as good as i usally could do. I dont like looking at reports.

I am going to pick the Braves to win the World Series.

Good luck to all.

Matt

PS this is a real close league, the cap really does that.
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Padres/peavy.jpg

The San Diego Padres

Petco Park Located on
    #19 Tony Gwynn Drive

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think its too early to tell while teams are shuttling players back and forth. so its not going to be as good as you like it. Ill have mine when it gets closer to the start of the season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Crazy, just a basic question. Now that FA is over, when will the season start? Are we looking at mid week or more next weekend? I dont know if we need a poll or not, but I just wanted to know about doing lineups and minor league movements and such. Thanks.

MLB ERA
    Nawww, a poll won't make a difference. I can't give an exact date yet, but we are getting really close. I just want to get a few things taken care of before we begin. I've had some problems with GMs being able ot download the league file from the site. I just want to make sure the uploading process is running smoothly before the first sim. I'm also working on getting an export tracker which is very important for those that use the league file. This will all make everything move quicker, because the GMs that have OOTP will be able to export their changes which means less work for me, and quicker simming for everybody. Another thing that I'm doing is adding players to the amateur draft pool. This isn't as important, because it can be done at any time before the 6/1 draft, but I'd like to get it finished before the season starts. If everything runs smoothly, then we are looking at a mid week start to the season, but it will be pushed back some if I can't get everything running smoothly. I'd rather delay the start of the season a little than jump into things, and then deal with a lot of problems during the season.

AA ERA
    Ok. That sounds good crazy. Thanks for the info. Thats good to know just to talk about trades and such.

Well, Tenn. is going to be really old, but we will score some runs...alot of runs hopefully.

Tenn i think u have a really chance in your division
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Padres/peavy.jpg

The San Diego Padres

Petco Park Located on
    #19 Tony Gwynn Drive

...i hope

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast