Thread: 2026 Seattle Mariners

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2026 Seattle Mariners

Last Season: Lost in a rematch vs the Blue Jays in the LDS.

Additions (as of right now): CL Eric Brooks, SP Joel Ibanez, CF William Resch, MR William McDowell (Trade w/COL), 1B Jason Cruys (Trade w/COL)

Subtractions: 2B MacArthur Ito (to BAL), CA Matthew Gibbs (to ANA), SS Jerrod Moors (FA)

Projected Starting Lineup
    CA: Clinton Chesire -- He should be able to hit for a high average and play solid D
    1B: Donald Valentino -- Career .388 OBP, will struggle defensively.
    2B: Harris Ohman -- GG 3B will move over to 2B. Patient hitter that needs to build on 2025.
    SS: Gary Sachi -- He has to find ways to be serviceable on offense. One of the best defensive SS in the game.
    3B: Yoshihiro Asai -- Recovering from injury, Can he maintain his .794 career OPS?
    LF: William Resch -- Resch and Valentino have eight 200+ hit seasons between. Potent 1-2 if they perform.
    CF: Joshua Legge -- Can he get anywhere near his .911 OPS at age 37?
    RF: John Sanders (L)/Auerlio Gonzalez (R) -- Sanders can handle lefties. Gonzalez can wreak havoc if he can get on base at the 9 spot vs R.
    DH: Lamont Morris -- Benching last season lit a fire into Lamont. 30 HR, 110 RBI season is possible.

Projected Bench (other than platoons)
    1B: Jason Cruys -- Incredible Power off the bench, Next in line to start at 1B or DH.
    2B/3B: John Patrick -- Above Average D and pounds Lefties. Career .303 hitter.
    OF: Thad Vital -- Plays all 3 OF positions, but hes 38. Booth III is waiting to get back on the team.
    2B/SS/LF: Donald Montalto -- Drafted in 7th round, 199th overall pick, by Seattle in 2015... Hasn't been on the ML roster for more than 1 game since 2022. He now plays SS and LF.

Projected Rotation
    1. LH Thomas Bonney -- He's only won 3 Cy Youngs in the last 4 years
    2. RH Joel Ibanez -- Welcome home Joel, This time you are not the ace.
    3. RH Jeff Campbell -- He's pitching for a contract.
    4. LH Freddie Blassie -- He's pitching to not get shipped off the ferry

Projected Bullpen
    Mopup: Nareshi Shogo -- one of 3 MRs that can throw 100 MPH. He has five pitches and gets hit equally as bad.
    Mopup: William McDowell -- Only lefty in the pen, has solid numbers. Great HR/IP Rate in Coors.
    Middle: Sylvester McIntyre -- Gets a chance to showcase his talents for a full season
    Middle: Carmelo Solorio -- Midseason pickup from last season gets a chance to build on last season.
    Middle: Jasper Huck -- The 2nd of the 100 MPH club. 4.87 Career ERA but is very inconsistent
    Middle: Alfred Neicase -- His endurance is now better suited for the pen. He will eat some innings.
    Setup: Eric Brooks -- With Fruto gone, Brooks is now the active leader in Saves. He is the 3rd member of the 100 MPH club and is the primary setup man.
    Closer: Kevin McLellan -- Was very good when he finally took over for Fruto. Only 713 more to catch his predecesor. 1st closer to start the season other than Fruto since 2007.

Thoughts on this team would be helpful.
    Last edited by Porter; 05-21-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2026 Seattle Mariners

Not sure what to make of this team to be honest. The AL West was so tight last year for the entire season. Starting rotation is the strength of your pitching. Offense doesn't really strike fear in me, but should be serviceable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

it doesn't have that player that can carry an offense.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Carmelo!

When you hand him the ball in warm up sessions, no one else gets it.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have a guy that takes all the shots.

Jasper HUCK.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    it doesn't have that player that can carry an offense.
    Yea, that's basically what I meant. There's no one that really worries me or makes me think "I don't want that guy to beat me."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think that most of the lineup can carry each other. I didn't have that guy on the 2024 team either. The division is much stronger now.