View Poll Results: How should we complete the draft?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft 1 round on the board

2 16.67%
  • Draft 2 rounds on the board

6 50.00%
  • Draft 3 rounds on the board

2 16.67%
  • Other? (post idea)

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2025 Draft Poll

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Question 2025 Draft Poll

Please vote. Majority rules.

I don't think that chat room is available at this time (if at all ever again). That means we have to draft on the board. The more rounds we draft on the board, the longer the delay until FA and the season. Majority rules and I will abstain from voting.

Only GMs in the league should vote please.

The poll ends in 5 days BTW.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 03-11-2012 at 08:31 PM.

MLB ERA

Re: 2025 Draft Poll

3 rounds with strictly enforced time limits to make picks. PMs to next up GM by the last person who picked.

MLB ERA

I have been PMing the next person (draft last season and this season). Boston was PMed right after the CPU made the pick for Oakland.

MLB ERA

I always think it's common courtesy for the person picking to send the pm. You may not always be on between when the pick is made and when the next GM logs on and maybe doesn't check the draft thread.

Not that your PMs can't help as well, of course

MLB ERA

So is it definite that we can't do free agency and sim days until the draft is completely done?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I don't know. FA doesn't usually take that long though so even if we can it doesn't really solve the problem. The draft wouldn't finished in the amount of time and then we're stuck anyway. It may be easier with only one thing going on, too.

MLB ERA

Ok. If that's the case, I say 2 rounds. Talent is deep enough. Although it'd be ideal to have the draft in the background while we do the other stuff in the offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I will be happy with whatever option is picked. Just wanted to point out that IM is always an option at a particular time if Provie is comfortable with updating a draft thread in real time so we can see who is being picked and then he IMs us when it's our turn.

I also think we can "start a group chat" on AIM.

Maybe use the thread as long as possible then set a chat draft time and allow someone to pick for those who can't make it or allow them to send a list....

Just some thoughts....

MLB ERA

I don't think I even have AIM on my computer anymore. I definitely do not remember what my PW was or the last time I even have been on.

2 rounds is just right, if a person doesn't care about their selection in round 2, they can just say auto for the 2nd round pick?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I understand that doing seasons are difficult on people running the leagues. Prov just booked though a season in record time. I think it should be up to him to as the break that he would like. If you figure an average of 1 day/person/pick... thats 28 days/round... (give or take CPU/prov picks) therefore youre looking at just shy of 1 month/round... so how many months off would you like?

I chose the 1 month option because I personally like getting to the season as opposed to waiting for the second round when I'll draft a 8-7-4-7-6 talent CF.. at that point, I'd take whatever just to get to FA.

The AIM Idea works, but you're never going to get even half the league to a chat. These forums die most weekends, therefore it almost seems as if a weeknight would work better... but again... how many people can you get?

MLB ERA

You can always create a new AIM name if we went with OM's option...or MSN or Yahoo messenger...whatever the majority decides.

I never like live drafts, though. It's impossible to find a time that fits everybody's schedule and the people who happen to be available for it benefit the most.

MLB ERA

Right. live drafts never seem to work for everyone or even the majority. We'll see how the votes fall, but my guess is we'll just draft on the board as much as we can. Thankfully, this won't be a regular occurrence.

Zod, I'm not really looking to take a break. I would like to keep it going as much as we can. I don't want people to lose interest. I don't want to cheat people with the draft though. There will be several CPU picks (MIN, OAK, TEX, MIA, PIT, and CIN most likely) so if everyone else is around it may not take forever. That's 6 out of 28 auto picks.

MLB ERA

That's 1 month per round if everybody takes the full day, which never happens. You'll always have two our three successive picks at some point with more active GMs. There's also the major lulls, but that can be mitigated with a strict time limit.

I'd also envision the draft moving quicker than you think with it being so deep. People are more excited about their ensuing pick if they are getting a great prospect.

MLB ERA

I can impose a 24 hour limit or auto if the winning option is 2 or 3 rounds. It'll have to be from the last pick regardless of who/when someone PMs. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to log-on once per 24 hour period to see where the draft is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast