Thread: An apology from the commissioner

MLB ERA

An apology from the commissioner

Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for 2 things. First, I'm sorry for jumping ship tonight. One of my friends who I haven't seen in about a year just told me she'd been up here visiting for about a week and I had no idea, and that she was coming to get me in 10 minutes to hang out. I had to go. I am sorry for just kind of leaving not only without finishing the series, but without finishing the crisis that had taken place.

Speaking of that crisis, I'm also sorry for what happened in the LA(N)/SF series. I honestly have no idea what happened, and why the computer started Cain twice. I didn't even notice until General pointed it out to me via IM, because once I set the lineups and rotations, I don't really look at the games because I'm trying to sim and post box scores as fast as I can for everyone. I will be resimming that series. Resims blow, because one team that got their hopes up for a win now has to go through it again and maybe will lose, and the other team still has a chip on their shoulder. But I think it's the best option here, especially if it keeps General in the league. The last thing I need is a veteran, experienced, and quite frankly really good GM leaving a team open. I hope OrioleMagic understands the situation and can live with a resim.

Sorry about all this guys. I posted the last box score from my series with CJ to show that I had won. I'm going to put a crap lineup in for CJ's team and resim the last round from the backup I had used. I'm going to keep a copy of the file as it is right now, just incase we want to reference it later.

I hope everyone understands.

Good luck to both SF and LA. The file from before the AL/NLCS is being loaded into the game, I'll sim in the morning/midday if everyone is ok with this.
    Last edited by NYgiantsfan5689; 07-03-2009 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: NLCS: Los Angeles (N) vs. San Francisco, Round 2 and an apology from the commissi

If I was CJ, I'd be saying... If your gonna re-sim, ya re-sim the whole thing. Now the history books are flawed because one series is non-existant. I appreciate the apology and I can live with resimming 4 games, two of which I fairly won. This crap lineup idea should go for SF in games one and three as well if your gonna do that. Kershaw fairly beat Cain in game one and Beckett fairly beat Sanchez in game three.

I really think a COMPLETE re-sim must be done to be fair or you work something else out.

MLB ERA

Re: NLCS: Los Angeles (N) vs. San Francisco, Round 2 and an apology from the commissi

I hear ya OM. We will do the complete resim.

I really do think that this is the only fair way to handle this and am glad GF is doing the right thing.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

I'll be resimming at 4. Sorry for all this confusion.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Kudos to GF. All 4 of us start over with the same scenerio that ended the LDS. Whatever will be will be...

Lineups will be sent as soon as I get back from the bank/realty office.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic