Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSSL holiday gifts for everyone else

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

TSSL holiday gifts for everyone else

This message is essentially for anyone that didn't get a private message. Don't feel bad if you didn't get one. Basically, the league is over. There are many reasons why I'm ending it, which I don't really need to get into, but I'm sure you can guess most of them. I've been thinking about this for quite some time actually. It's time to move on. The site will be up for your viewing pleasure until around Christmas. There may be a new league, but it won't be this league.

Happy Holidays

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: TSSL holiday gifts for everyone else

I'm sure someone on here would be willing to take over the file...it seems ridiculous to just end the league like this. We're in 2021 and going strong, the league is very competitive and well-run...there has to be someone who can take the file over.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

The league is not strong. Trust me on that one. Someone else can start a new league if Mission feels it's appropriate, but TSSL is dead.

MLB ERA

Guess it all depends on your definition of strong...I'm sure me, shorty, giantsfan, Halladay, Saber, Doppel, Dam, Hammer, Zito, Mackus, Porter, bjd, bwitty, mission, shadow, mackjd, DMB, henks, Foster, cjkalt, Leo, mofo, nick, and OrioleMagic are happy that all the work we put into our teams is gone for naught now.

Now what exactly is negative about giving up the file, out of curiosity?

I don't see how TSSL is ever going to catch up to S3SL now.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

you weren't running the league Brownie so you don't realize how inactive a lot of people were. all for naught? I put more time and energy into this than anyone. You guys ran 1 team (more or less), while I ran them all since I was the one entering everything on top of all of the other stuff that goes into it. I also spent close to $200 running the league. It seems like I'm giving up the most. It's just not fun anymore with so much negativity from people here. I never said there was anything negative about giving the file away, but I won't be doing that. Go enjoy the other leagues. If there is going to be a new league run by your buddy, then enjoy that as well.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    you weren't running the league Brownie so you don't realize how inactive a lot of people were. all for naught? I put more time and energy into this than anyone. You guys ran 1 team (more or less), while I ran them all since I was the one entering everything on top of all of the other stuff that goes into it.
    ...yeah, I was aware of all that actually.

I also spent close to $200 running the league. It seems like I'm giving up the most. It's just not fun anymore with so much negativity from people here. I never said there was anything negative about giving the file away, but I won't be doing that.
    Ohhh I get it. Because the league's not fun for you, the rest of us can't enjoy it anymore. Get your head out of your ass man...this is as well liked a league as any on the forums. And of course you're going to disagree with me because "I'm not running the league"...well I'm not stupid, I've talked to probably every GM in this league at some point and everyone enjoys it. Not our fault you take every single comment as a personal insult against you.

Go enjoy the other leagues. If there is going to be a new league run by your buddy, then enjoy that as well.
    I certainly will. Will be nice to have a league that's run well and where the commissioner doesn't selfishly end it.

Seriously man...my absolute preference is for this league to continue. There's no reason it can't. You can save your money, give the file to someone else, and go ride off into the sim league sunset. I don't understand...you don't have ONE legitimate reason why you can't pass the file off. Seriously, you give me ONE good reason...just one and I'll be fine. I'm sure I already know what you're going to respond, but whatever...there's not one good reason for you to take the file with you to its grave. Hope you're happy.

MLB ERA

no, the league doesn't appear fun for most people is what I meant. there is so much negativity throughout the league. And it's not everyone, but it's a bit much for a friggin' game. If people enjoyed it, then perhaps they should have let that be known instead of complaining/insulting/being negative more. That is the overall sense I get when I read the threads, the PMs, and so on.

I unselfishly ran it for longer than anyone else did so go ahead keep proving my point about all the negativity. Instead of "hey, thanks for running the league man" all I get is insults and comments to try and make me feel guilty. Get over it bro. I'm not taking it to my grave. I won't be buried with 0's and 1's.

The "you not running the league" part was only in relation to realizing how inactive the league was the last couple seasons...nothing more.

MLB ERA

If you weren't being so stubborn and being jealous about not letting anyone else run your baby of a league, then I'm sure that's exactly what you would be getting. You ran the most efficient, organized, and overall fun league on the forum. But you're ruining the ending for yourself. Of course everyone is naturally going to be pissed off with what you're doing, what else did you expect?
    "Hey guys, I'm gonna end this abruptly and nobody can keep it going for no good reason"
    "THANKS PROV!!!!!"
    No. That would be ridiculous. I had fun. But you're destroying hard work put in by 25 different people. No one is going to be thankful of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

right, I'm being stubborn and jealous insulting is a sure fire way to get what you want. It's a game. I'm not ruining anything for myself. I'm giving myself freedom from all the bullshit. Maybe if you go insult Mission, like you're doing to me, he'll let you run a league.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Well atleast I got to the playoffs once before it ended. Its a shame since I cared about this team the most, but its not like I havent gone through similar situations like this before. Thanks for running it up til now Prov, and letting me win once haha
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA

Figures.

I win the World Series and you kill the league.

I thought you said we was going to like the present.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I'm not ruining anything for myself.
    BINGO. That's what I thought. You don't care about anyone else on this forum. It's all about you. And once you were done, you're done. And if everyone else suffers, who the **** cares?? IN FACT, you decided that to get back at everyone for "bullshitting" you, you're going to piss them off by keeping the file for no reason! That'll show 'em!! What a selfish prick.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    BINGO. That's what I thought. You don't care about anyone else on this forum. It's all about you. And once you were done, you're done. And if everyone else suffers, who the **** cares?? IN FACT, you decided that to get back at everyone for "bullshitting" you, you're going to piss them off by keeping the file for no reason! That'll show 'em!! What a selfish prick.
    look GF has it all figured out again!

you don't have a clue. if I didn't care, then I never would have taken over the league in the first place and it would have died during 2009. seriously, I doubt anyone is "suffering" over this. it's a game. no one died. no one is jobless. no one is homeless.

MLB ERA

You don't know me! You're not even my real dad!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast