Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TSSL holiday gifts for everyone else

MLB ERA

Re: TSSL holiday gifts for everyone else

I'm gonna start my own league, with hookers, and blackjack!

In fact, forget the league!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Prov may have not created the league, but he put everything he had into it. I don't think Redsfan or Zito ran it for very long combined. Was this the same league file that Redsfan started? It's been a long time, and I was gone for about a year, but didn't he have a mid 80's retro league? Prov put a lot into this league, and I think he should have the right to decide if the league should end or continue. I'd respect any decision he makes. I know what it takes to run a league, and how much work you have to put into it. I don't think it's fair to bash him just because he doesn't want to give it up, and risk seeing it ruined. Whether that would happen...I don't know, but it is a risk he would be taking. I know I wasn't in your league for very long Prov, but thanks for all the owrk you put into it.
    This wasn't the 80's league. We started in 2006. It was around 2011 when Prov took over. I agree, I respect his decision. I'm not bashing him or anything. I'm not thrilled about it either, I mean I ran my team from 2006-2021 so I'd like to see how long this league could last.

I don't think someone else running this, would ever take away from what Prov has done or ruin it. The worst thing that could happen is we all said "Man I really wish Prov ran the league still." I mean when Bud Selig retires, should he disband the MLB or find a replacement?

The fact people are upset about this is a testement to how well Prov ran the league, and how happy a lot of us were about it. Even if Prov gave up the file. The new commish wouldn't have to call it TSSL if that's what Prov wished. It still give us a chance to see what our players might have done. I'm not a great GM, but I'd like to see my team win a ring in this league one day. But like I said it is what it is.

I think a bigger insult to Prov would have been, had he announced this and no one cared. He put a lot of work into this leauge, and as a result no one wants it to go away.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I took over during 2009. I finished the season and did the playoffs, which Boston won. Redsfan ran it 2006 - 2008. Zito ran part of 2009.

MLB ERA

I must admit I'm kind of bummed about this.

I'm not going to pass judgment on Prov or anything (so please don't take it as such) but I really wanted to see 1) How my deep farm would have panned out in the coming years and 2) if my surprise team had any chance of repeating.

Prov has done an excellent job running this league and (no offense meant to nick or Crazy here) this has been the most efficiently and smoothly ran league on this site that I've been a part of. (Can't really comment on Mission's)

Any rate, I'd really love it if Prov could give the file to someone else because I'd really love to see what the TSSL Padres could do as the league goes on, and I'm pretty bummed that that isn't going to be the case....but, at the same time, it's just a fake baseball game so I'll live.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Guess I don't have to worry about Conrad Hauser ever developing now

Thanks for the hard work Prov.

MLB ERA

too bad, but thanks for everything prov
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Just when the Undertaker was looking to possibly become a late bloomer, too.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mackus View Post
    Guess I don't have to worry about Conrad Hauser ever developing now
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

At least I go out on top.

Whenver anyone goes to the site to view it they'll forever and always see

Playoffs
    Division Series:

Toronto (2) against Anaheim (4)
    Detroit (4) against Baltimore (1)
    Chicago (N) (2) against New York (N) (4)
    San Diego (4) against St. Louis (2)
    Championship Series:
    Detroit (4) against Anaheim (2)
    San Diego (4) against New York (N) (2)
    World Series:
    San Diego (4) against Detroit (1)
    WINNER : San Diego

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi0s19M2mN4"]YouTube - Queen - 'We are the champions' music videos[/ame]

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Prov may have not created the league, but he put everything he had into it. I don't think Redsfan or Zito ran it for very long combined. Was this the same league file that Redsfan started? It's been a long time, and I was gone for about a year, but didn't he have a mid 80's retro league? Prov put a lot into this league, and I think he should have the right to decide if the league should end or continue. I'd respect any decision he makes. I know what it takes to run a league, and how much work you have to put into it. I don't think it's fair to bash him just because he doesn't want to give it up, and risk seeing it ruined. Whether that would happen...I don't know, but it is a risk he would be taking. I know I wasn't in your league for very long Prov, but thanks for all the owrk you put into it.
    You're remembering something wrong, Crazy, this is about the 4th incarnation of TSSL, redsfan had a couple of league files crash and tried to run a league on OOTP 2006 or whatever that new software was, no one liked it and we switched back.

Anyway, I appreciate the time and effort you put into this Prov, and if you really don't want to pass on the league file, that's your choice, but I, for one (and I'm sure I speak for a lot of GMs in this league), would like to continue on with it. You say you can't give the file to someone because it's on your account, but that's not the only place it is. It's also on your computer in your OOTP directory, that's the only way you could sim. All you'd have to do is compress that file into a ZIP file and transfer it to someone, that way no one would have access to your account and whoever agrees to run the league would simply have to unzip the file, and start running the sims. So if privacy is the only issue there, then that should solve the problem.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I'm relatively new to the league (it was only my 2nd season as Atlanta's GM), but I must say I really enjoyed it and was bummed to see it was over. Prov was always a punctual and diligent from my experience. While I understand that it is your league Prov, I would express some interest in someone else running it, if you didn't mind and there was a willing taker.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Just when the Undertaker was looking to possibly become a late bloomer, too.
    he can rest in peace now
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This was my first OOTP experience. Sad day really...
    Though I will admit to not sending changes (with such a shity team, I think I could be excused) I always considered myself to be somewhat of an active member in the league, and as such would like to see it continue. Maybe the random movie inspired trade block threads will continue.

Thanks.

I agree with most of what people said. I understand that the league is no longer fun for you to run, but maybe it would be more fun for you if you just ran a team. I think letting such a great league die would be unfortunate to say the least. Although I think your commitment to the league was a main reason for its success, I think everyone, myself included, would want the league to continue. We have all put a lot of effort into the league and would all love to see what would come of our teams.

With that being said, thanks for all of your hard work. I hope for the league to continue, but if it doesn't, I really had a great time participating in it.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    At least I go out on top.

Whenver anyone goes to the site to view it they'll forever and always see
    Prov said he was taking the sim page down around Christmas. So not exactly forever and always.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast