Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade: Chicago (N) - Anaheim

MLB ERA

Re: Trade: Chicago (N) - Anaheim

I'm actually the mastermind behind Tampa Bay's 11 division titles in 12 seasons. And I managed St. Louis without him even knowing

Prov is by far the most organized and most scheduled commish on this forum. I have said it before and will say it again. And being organized, and having a schedule and sticking with it goes a LONG WAY in a sim league.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I have a lot of respect for what Prov does... I don't think much of the rules I guess, because I know how hard it is to run a league myself.

Leagues definitely need structure of some sort. I guess it depends on the person running them how much, and the people within the league who decide to follow the rules how far the rules will fly. But I respect Prov for trying to lay down the law. Sometimes, though, I do agree that it may be unneccesary if only because people just will never listen to certain things, and you have to just let them go.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    lmfao

i remember when prov sent me back a trade because i had typed it up before the offseason rolled over, and one guy was now making $350,000 instead of the $300,000 i had typed. he had me re-type it and send it back to him
    I reminded everyone not to type up / send stuff before the roll over as I've done before. It's not my fault you chose to ignore that...that's why I asked you to type it up again...because it seemed like a blatant disregard. The same with this, but whatever. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of dealing with it.

People will ***** about how I want things and those same people will ***** if I mess up how they wanted their lineup or whatever. The difference is when I make mistakes like that, I fix it and make it up to said GMs by fixing a player or whatever. What do I get out of it?

Here is a perfect example. Dam, drunk or not, wants to make stupid comments after I ran his team for two+ seasons while he was MIA. After I fixed that career-ender he requested. After I edited Alex Gordon's contract due to the FA issues. He didn't ask me to fix Gordon's contract, but he didn't thank me either. Not one thanks for any of that. I even let him back in after I had replaced him because I got tired of running his team for two+ seasons. Instead all I get is people busting my balls. It's quite funny.

I'm not trying to pick on Dam because he's just one example. And I don't do this for praise, but by the same token I don't do it to continually deal with BS either. I try to run this as smooth and efficient as possible with little issues. I know I'm not perfect, but the league has run pretty damn well since I took it over. No file issues, nothing like that.

Sooner or later there will come a day when I'm not able to sim as often as I do or when I won't sim at all. And I'm sure no one will care including myself. Life goes on.

MLB ERA

I hope no one took what I said seriously, it was said in total drunken jest. I guess I shouldn't have said it, but I figured everyone (Prov included) would get a cheap laugh out of it and move on.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Here is a perfect example. Dam, drunk or not, wants to make stupid comments after I ran his team for two+ seasons while he was MIA. After I fixed that career-ender he requested. After I edited Alex Gordon's contract due to the FA issues. He didn't ask me to fix Gordon's contract, but he didn't thank me either. Not one thanks for any of that. I even let him back in after I had replaced him because I got tired of running his team for two+ seasons. Instead all I get is people busting my balls. It's quite funny.

I'm not trying to pick on Dam because he's just one example. And I don't do this for praise, but by the same token I don't do it to continually deal with BS either. I try to run this as smooth and efficient as possible with little issues. I know I'm not perfect, but the league has run pretty damn well since I took it over. No file issues, nothing like that.
    It was completely a joke, I figured you would laugh at it, I wasn't trying to "bust your balls". I think everyone does appreciate the stuff you do to keep things running smoothly, but I do think that sometimes you take some things some people say too seriously (i.e. when you used to respond to every complaint in the random ramblings threads). Sometimes things are just there to be there, it's not intended to insult or harm.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

hard to say when that's all that's there for the most part.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm actually the mastermind behind Tampa Bay's 11 division titles in 12 seasons.
    Wrong.

Why don't you try being the mastermind behind 1 division title first
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

joke brown. joke. get over it.

i realize i'm not a very good GM. I'm working on it

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Keep working.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

joke brown. joke. get over it.

i realize i'm not a very good GM. I'm working on it
    nah man, you're doing alright. I just hope you don't turn Toronto into a financial nightmare like you did with your other 2 teams.

MLB ERA

Hyrule was a mistake, i thought i had a lot more money than i did, and honestly, i don't know what happened with colorado. i didn't start with much money, but that was def my fault, i lost track of what i was spending. i'm definitely watching toronto's money, especially with the low fan base. i know, i know, the krout signing was stupid. i just really needed a competent 4th starter, and i wanted to make sure i got him.

MLB ERA

Krout = the real Barry Zito
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

AAA ERA

Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Hyrule was a mistake, i thought i had a lot more money than i did, and honestly, i don't know what happened with colorado. i didn't start with much money, but that was def my fault, i lost track of what i was spending. i'm definitely watching toronto's money, especially with the low fan base. i know, i know, the krout signing was stupid. i just really needed a competent 4th starter, and i wanted to make sure i got him.
    Colorado covets Krout even at 4 million too much if you want to rectify your financial situation.

MLB ERA

let's talk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12