Re: Trade: St. Louis - San Francisco

I live for OOTP
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I'd rather keep the talent and win. Peoples' lives will eventually go on after losing in a sim. Except for GF's
    true, but some people then become inactive when they don't win and then I have to find replacements. I've won enough and I'll try to rebuild to make a serious run in the future. I wish I could break through again in TPSL though...looks like I'll get my 5th division in a row so maybe I can get to a WS again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's the sad part.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    true, but some people then become inactive when they don't win and then I have to find replacements. I've won enough and I'll try to rebuild to make a serious run in the future. I wish I could break through again in TPSL though...looks like I'll get my 5th division in a row so maybe I can get to a WS again.
    Activity appears to be pretty good even without you deconstructing the cardinals. And the problem with rebuilding, well, you're dealing guys under 25? That's not rebuilding, that's crazy.. weird.. insane.. unfathomable!
    Ted

MLB ERA

As much as I want to win, I don't think anyone should tell prov how to run his team since he's won so many WS i lost count
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's another world series though? Isn't that the ultimate goal for any sim league?
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Activity appears to be pretty good even without you deconstructing the cardinals. And the problem with rebuilding, well, you're dealing guys under 25? That's not rebuilding, that's crazy.. weird.. insane.. unfathomable!
    it's spreading the wealth...there were many teams who weren't as active last year and uncoincidentally most of them were teams without a shot. Some teams without a shot remained active, but still.

And I've got a ring for each finger on one hand...I'm happy for now.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I hope I am not one of those tight-assed mother ****ers... I would have given you better specs for Rodney than Nick did. I think he definitely got the best of this trade, but you smoked NYGF for Colton so bad, I am surprised the TC passed it. It is my bad luck that I got tied up at work and couldn't work my way around to Rodney with you. If you had gotten a 5.0 SP in this deal, then I would say I was just out of luck.

I was posturing with Colton in hopes of getting Rodney as a poor-man's version due to the lesser ratings. You gave him up for a ton less... Forrest might not make it above a 2.5 rating.

Its good to see the spirited conversation!

Good Luck!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

What TC?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I hope I am not one of those tight-assed mother ****ers... I would have given you better specs for Rodney than Nick did. I think he definitely got the best of this trade, but you smoked NYGF for Colton so bad, I am surprised the TC passed it. It is my bad luck that I got tied up at work and couldn't work my way around to Rodney with you. If you had gotten a 5.0 SP in this deal, then I would say I was just out of luck.

I was posturing with Colton in hopes of getting Rodney as a poor-man's version due to the lesser ratings. You gave him up for a ton less... Forrest might not make it above a 2.5 rating.

Its good to see the spirited conversation!

Good Luck!
    better prospects is a matter of opinion...the only hitting spec on your team that I was interested in was Jake Tucker. I don't need any more 1B specs (Howery, Garcia, and Swanson), don't need another 3B spec (Fermoso), don't need a C spec (Cobbs and Garcia), and I don't need any OF specs. You refused to part with the pitcher so that was the end of that. Arruza will be a stud if he fills out and Forrest will at least be decent if he does, not spectacular, but decent. If the pitcher gets a boost, he'll be better. Not sure about the pick yet. Only a few teams made offers/inquiries. This was the best package. I would have gotten a stud SP spec from Cincinnati, but overall I like this better.

MLB ERA

after looking at the deal carefully, i think prov made the right move, i really didn't want to give up the 2021 1st and griffin, but this package is better for the long haul and now
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I must have missed that post... I have been so caught up in trying to take Colorado to the WS with absolutely no luck.

BTW, has Colorado won a WS in any of our long-standing leagues? S3SL, TSSL, TPSL?

MLB ERA

missed the post about no TC? There is a TC, but I haven't had to use since when CJ first entered the league and you tried to pillage him

now, I'm at the point where I don't care for the most part. as long as it's not totally lopsided, I pass it. I got sick of people *****ing about the TC...of course, I still get the occasional *****ing about no TC, but whatever. This is quicker and easier on me. And I could give two shits if I appear to get the "short end"...really, I know what I'm doing and I've won enough to justify that. I'm not just giving players to people, you know?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    everyone is a ****ing tight ass in these leagues. no one wants to give up anything. everyone always complains that no one has anything good on their trade block, but then when someone does no one wants to pony up.
    Well everyone wants the DD way of trading trading crap for stud and asking astronomical things for average players. And Ive been far for a ****ing tight ass when its came to trades. But its either boom or bust with the trades for me. I still have 15 or so players on my block for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Not very many PMs. But they have no problem spending 5.75 M on crap (yes you Santacruz). Yeah I know Freitas was overpaid at 11 M but it wasn't like I could trade for him with no Active GM either. Yeah people can get frustrated with the same 4 or 5 teams in the playoffs all the time. But being here from the beginning, I just want a wild card and get the playoffs because we know its anything goes after that.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Well everyone wants the DD way of trading trading crap for stud and asking astronomical things for average players. And Ive been far for a ****ing tight ass when its came to trades.
    That's basically it in a nutshell...only not to the same degree of tight-ass-ness as DD. in your case, you didn't have enough chips for me really. I like Cosme, but the rest of your system is pretty thin. Not that you're saying I was asking too much, but I think I was fairly realistic in my negotiations. I wasn't asking for the moon, just a fair offer. Both pitchers will be 25 soon, essentially filled out, and are under control for 5 seasons! How often do people even block pitchers like that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast