Thread: 2019 Atlanta Extensions

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Braves 2019 Atlanta Extensions

General hasn't been active much at all in the last couple seasons. Nothing since ST/FA this season that I recall.

1B Teo Peņa has been signed to a contract extension, $3,000,000 per year, for 3 years.
    RF Ben Cloutier has been signed to a contract extension, $1,000,000 per year, for 2 years.
    C Joe Mauer has been signed to a contract extension, $2,230,000 per year, for 2 years.
    MR Thomas Rafter has been signed to a contract extension, $1,200,000 per year, for 3 years.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2019 Atlanta Extensions

Shocker.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I know.

While I appreciate your effort, I didn't have much of an intention of signing any of them to extensions, given the fact that my team is awful.

Thanks though. Can you see if MR Rafter will sign for something under 1.5 mil?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

considering you haven't done much of anything this year, I really don't care. They're combined salaries for this season are $11,811,429 and they will be $6,230,000 for next season for a savings of $5,581,429. I wouldn't have signed them if it was going to be expensive. Mauer is really popular and I thought he should retire a Brave. It's not like this team is in financial trouble, but don't worry they'll be open for 2020. I'm not going to keep people around that don't participate much at all for consecutive seasons.

I would like to stay with the team, but if you want to kick me out then go ahead.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

what's the point in staying? you've obviously been too busy for this league, which is totally understandable and fine. I can count on 1 hand the number of times you've sent me changes / offers in the last 3 seasons. I don't take it personally at all and I'm quite understanding. I just don't see the point in doing this dance of "I'll stay and then not do anything" anymore with people. It's really not a big deal. I'd like to try and get some active people in here. That's the only way teams are going to turn it around like CJ with Cincinnati for example.