Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waivers?

MLB ERA

Question Waivers?

What do you guys think about trying out waivers for this season? This is something that we tried in the old SBSL. It can be confusing, but it would also be a more organized way of signing free agents throughout the season. What do you guys think? Do you want ot try it? I'm still on the fence, but it is something that has always intrigued me.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Waivers?

I will go with the flow, because I have no clue as to how it works.

MLB ERA

Waivers in OOTP works like it does in the MLB. When a team releases a player, teams have the option of signing him based on the reverse standings. So the worst team has the option of signing him first. That is just a summary to it, because there are other rules to it. Perhaps someone else can explain it better. I know some people have strong views about using waivers, so if you think it's a good idea or a bad idea, just let us know.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I kinda figured it worked like the real majors and I am for it because like most of the GM's here say the SIM league should be as close to realistic as possible.

MLB ERA

I would give it a shot. Of course, you'd have to ensure that any released players go to you, and then u'd have to PM people in order. Unless you'd make it a public thing with it's own thread. Either way, I'd give it a shot and see how it goes...

MLB ERA

Yeah. This sounds cool. I'd like to have someone fully explain it before it goes into effect though.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I have no opinion on the matter.

I may or may not participate in it depending on the confusion level of the process.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

As long as it is kept pretty simple, sure.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im for it.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I'm not sure about it but if it's simple ok
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't really care. That's more work for you, man.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

yeah, it is more work for me, but i think it would make the league better, so I have no problem with that. i think i can make the process simple so that it isn't confusing since we won't be using the 40 man rosters and rule 5 draft, yet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I would give it a shot. Of course, you'd have to ensure that any released players go to you, and then u'd have to PM people in order. Unless you'd make it a public thing with it's own thread. Either way, I'd give it a shot and see how it goes...
    I think you'd just need a thread announcing when a player is put on waivers and what the deadline is. Then GMs PM Crazy by the deadline if interested, and he honors those PMs based on the waiver order and then announces the result in the thread.

I like the idea of including all the intricacies, so I'm basically in favor of using waivers. But it will make roster changes annoying for those of us who are fairly busy if we have to wait on waivers when we want to demote a player to the minors. And it could get pretty cluttered if we do what all real GMs do and put everyone on waivers to hide which players we're really sending down. I don't anyone has the time to deal with that headache.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by daniducci View Post
    I think you'd just need a thread announcing when a player is put on waivers and what the deadline is. Then GMs PM Crazy by the deadline if interested, and he honors those PMs based on the waiver order and then announces the result in the thread.

I like the idea of including all the intricacies, so I'm basically in favor of using waivers. But it will make roster changes annoying for those of us who are fairly busy if we have to wait on waivers when we want to demote a player to the minors. And it could get pretty cluttered if we do what all real GMs do and put everyone on waivers to hide which players we're really sending down. I don't anyone has the time to deal with that headache.
    Yeah, that's how I did it last time, although it's been a few years ago now. lol What I did was create a sub forum for waivers, and have a post announcing which players have been placed on waivers. To keep my inbox from turning into the incredible hulk (right now it's the thing), I would ask that you create a post in the sub forum claiming that player. I don't know a good way around the roster change problem though. The only thing I can suggest is that you can mention it in the roster change PM, and let me know what ot do either way.

I also like the idea of including all of the intricacies that are available in OOTP. In the future, I'd like to possibly add the 40 man rosters and Rule 5 Draft to the league. If anyone has comments about that, please feel free to let us know what you think.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

We had 40 man in the past before hell happened to you
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast