Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft discussion

MLB ERA

Re: Draft discussion

Look at the minor leagues in this SIM league. They are so shallow. The point of the draft this year is to help add depth. A lot of those 5 star players are VERY good, but not AMAZING. There's no 10/10/10 pitchers, there's no 10/9/9/8/10 hitters. Yes, its a bit deep, but a lot of the 5 star pitchers are relievers. Do you always need something to complain about?

MLB ERA

Give me a break lj... I have one of the worst farms and I have 4 5-star players in there...

This is getting comic book-ish.... it is nice to have the fun SURFACE tweaks like changing names, realigning, having movie names, etc..... but enough 5 star spects to probably last thru round 2?? Enough 4.5 and 4 star guys to get into the 4th round?

Gimme a break... it is not like our existing minor league teams are populated with freakin' paraplegics

Depth does not mean having most of your minor leaguers as 4, 4.5, & 5 star guys
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Almost got past the complaint stage.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Well that's not true for everyone. I have ONE 5 star guy. And even most of my 4 star prospects don't have the talent to be much better then platoon guys. I have 4 star hitters who's talent is 6/7/8/10/6. That's my SECOND BEST prospect.

Maui has 2 5 star prospects, I would say 4 of his prospects could eventually make the majors, but only 3 are partially developed. It's not like his farm is stacked.

Long Island has 3 5 star prospects. All 3 could be "good" major leaguers, but only 1 appears to be anything special. Out of his non-5 star guys, he has 1 or 2 who could be decent, however one is a pitcher with 2 controls, and the other is 24, and needs to develop his control as well(nearing the end of being a prospect anyway).

MLB ERA

Guess what lj... not every team has superstars... not every team has uber-stud prospects... NOT EVERY TEAM SHOULD... awwww.. first in your division last season and you don't have at least 4 or 5 5 star prospects.. awwww... How pitiful... Baby need his woobie??

It's is part of reality and also part of the game that actually makes you deal with difficulty, difficult choices, lean times as well as always having a stock of great players in the wings....

Like I said... it is getting ridiculous... what next? Earn points for anti-aging potions??? A +5 bat of eternal power??

MLB ERA

IS THIS GAME REALITY? NO. IT'S A GAME. Does it base itself on reality? Yes, but there are many differences, including, that this game does not bring up off the field issues, drugs, and clubhouse disputes. If you want to ***** and moan about every single thing that Crazy does, then you're not really helping, you're just becoming a nuisance.

MLB ERA

Hmmm... as stated before.. as you get older, you really like the easiest game?? Or do you actually like a bit of difficulty to deal with. Do you like to have to TRY? Do you like to have to employ strategy??

Maybe you will enjoy and be fascinated with a game of Candyland as an adult.... hell, it'll probably keep your attention and confuse you for hours....

Closed
    AAA ERA

Like I said a million times before it is a game. Take it as that and try to have fun with it. If you aren't having fun with it then move on. What I enjoy about this game is I get a charge out of checking how my players progress or digressed from SIM to SIM. What I don't like about the league is the amount of bickering that goes on. I know it is a game and someone has to win and someone has to lose, but when it is all said and done who gives a flying **** if you win or lose. I sure don't. This is the kinda shit that pisses me off. Let's just have ****ing fun with the league and leave it at that.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    But seriously.... why the HELL is this draft class so stacked? It is freaking out of control? We'll have 5 star guys going in round 2 instead of only a couple/few 5 star guys going in the beginning of round 1...
    The final draft class won't look that way. I still have a lot of work to do on the ratings, and it is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. What I'm attempting to do is to make this draft deep, but not so much with 5 star players. There will be plenty of 5 star player, and I am trying to add extra relievers since the league is so shallow when it comes to good relievers. A problem that I've seen with the last draft is that a lot of players were released immediately after the draft, because there was no use in keeping them. It's understandable, because of the quality of the players in the middle to lower rounds. I think there should be many more 3 and 3.5 star players than there have been in the past, and that is what the final product shouel look like.

I'm attempting to even out the farm systems by making more quality players that we can watch grow in our farm system. There are so many players though, that I don't think I can do as much as I originally had planned on, but I'll do as much as I can without dragging this out too long. I wanted to get a lot of the players names and info edited first, and then focus more on evening out the ratings. This class is far from being finished.. it's just a glimpse... i still have a lot of work to do on it.

MLB ERA

That's the thing Bon Bon... taking out the difficulty, the difficult choices, the use of strategy, and making sure absolutely EVERYONE has protected super-players until their heart's content... that takes away the fun, unless you are some Australopithecus with no capability of having a complex thought....

It is this trying to make the league into some Marvel Universe of unlimited super-heroes and super-insurance policies that is actually DRIVING the bickering

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    The final draft class won't look that way. I still have a lot of work to do on the ratings, and it is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. What I'm attempting to do is to make this draft deep, but not so much with 5 star players. There will be plenty of 5 star player, and I am trying to add extra relievers since the league is so shallow when it comes to good relievers. A problem that I've seen with the last draft is that a lot of players were released immediately after the draft, because there was no use in keeping them. It's understandable, because of the quality of the players in the middle to lower rounds. I think there should be many more 3 and 3.5 star players than there have been in the past, and that is what the final product shouel look like.

I'm attempting to even out the farm systems by making more quality players that we can watch grow in our farm system. There are so many players though, that I don't think I can do as much as I originally had planned on, but I'll do as much as I can without dragging this out too long. I wanted to get a lot of the players names and info edited first, and then focus more on evening out the ratings. This class is far from being finished.. it's just a glimpse... i still have a lot of work to do on it.
    Crazy... funny... after the FA... I found tons of 3 star RP spects and more out there... wisely signed them to minor league deals to see if they pan out as gambles or not... yes.. there were a LOT of crap players dropped after the draft.... manly because you are employing a 20 round or whatever draft... and rightfully those players should be crappy

As stated... the more you try and go towards the Marvel Universe... the less fun this league will be...

MLB ERA

Well....we expanded from 30 teams to 32 teams to start off with, and that made the league shallow from the start. That may have been a mistake, maybe we should have had fewer teams. I just think our minors need to be more stabalized with more average to good prospects. I'm also aiming for a lot of younger players that are far away from their potential so that these players will have a lot of developing before they are big league ready.

MLB ERA

I see very very few people complaining except you DD. All you're doing is overreacting to something you don't like and insulting me. I'm not a ****ing baby, and based on the way you're acting, you might be. So just because you don't like the way this looks, stop *****ing and moaning, shut your mouth, and let Crazy run the league. If you really want to drop out of the league than stop making hollow threats and DO IT ALREADY. But don't you dare attack me, because you're the one acting like a baby. I don't give a shit, I'm in this for fun. You're treating it like we have thousands of dollars on it.

Closed
    AAA ERA

This is how I am beginning to feel about all this shit.

MLB ERA

"Oh, I'm DD, I ****ing ***** even though Crazy's league was always like this."

There are already 3 other very similarly run leagues...

I'm sorry that the fact that I have 3 5.0s (4 if you count Liz) and one of the worst rosters doesn't make you feel good.

Listen buddy, this was a fantasy draft. It isn't like I ran my team into the ground. So now I get ****ing punished by the quality of specs because your team is stacked and you don't want any parity at all?

I'd sure like more than one starter with a 9 or more control...I'd also like to have more than one hitter with 9 or more contact (who is ****ing Dimaggio, a guy I earned)...

Oh, wait, I forgot...you drafted Wright, Pedroia, Stubbs, Haren and Lester...so now that you have had a good FA period (where people turned down my astronomical offers if they even listened) and bolstered your "luck of the draw" stars, we shouldn't have good specs.

Wanna know why the other leagues don't have near the activity this does? Because if you're in the cellar, it takes awesome development or awesome trading to get yourself out of it. If 2/3 of the teams can't sniff the playoffs and have no hope, we're going to replace a lot of players.

IMHO if you want to leave, go right ahead. Someone would take your spot in a second because this league is a lot of fun with incentive to participate.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast