Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Draft Day Sunday 6/1 9:00pm EST

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft Day Sunday 6/1 9:00pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Fair point, but that didn't affect the order of me and Prov...
    Right. It came down to the tie breaker tie breaker, of you having teams in your signature.

But you both got who you wanted the most.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    I really think the next timesome incentive program is set for next SIM season the deadline should be set at the beginning of the season and it should be stuck by no matter who misses it or what. And even if you miss it by one post or thread than that is too frickin bad. The time Crazy gave us all to get this done was ample time and I saw what most people did they waited and were posting franticly at the end. That is not what it is all about. This is a baseball forum we shouldn't have to have incentive programs to post about the game we all are suppose to love. We should do it out of the love we have for the game. Crazy did the best he could and he bent over backwards giving us all updates over and over again on when the deadline was coming and still at the end he was nice enough to even let it be extended beyond that. My thing to all CSSL members is NOT to make it a chore to post in the threads, but do it out of the sheer fact that you love baseball and you love to post about it.

She is... right.
    Ted

MLB ERA

I really think the next timesome incentive program is set for next SIM season the deadline should be set at the beginning of the season and it should be stuck by no matter who misses it or what. And even if you miss it by one post or thread than that is too frickin bad. The time Crazy gave us all to get this done was ample time and I saw what most people did they waited and were posting franticly at the end. That is not what it is all about. This is a baseball forum we shouldn't have to have incentive programs to post about the game we all are suppose to love. We should do it out of the love we have for the game. Crazy did the best he could and he bent over backwards giving us all updates over and over again on when the deadline was coming and still at the end he was nice enough to even let it be extended beyond that. My thing to all CSSL members is NOT to make it a chore to post in the threads, but do it out of the sheer fact that you love baseball and you love to post about it.
    True...if I was allowed to post in the Yankees forum I would have made it fast...I think that you are on a high horse but most of us stayed away from forums we frequented...

I personally replied and posted on a team I know a lot about, and I added stats and items that I wouldn't have viewed...

I think it was more beneficial for me to take part in it because I went in depth with my posts...I didn't just make a lot of passing comments to make the quota.

You have to realize the people you're calling into question are a lot of the big posters here...me, brownie, KOZ, prov, gf5689, shorty, and you as well...plus dave posts good stuff every time, and oriolemagic and doppel posts interesting stuff too...

The exception is bipster, but the guy still posts his share in the Reds forum too...

So, really, I disagree. Crazy cut some slack to guys who just missed because they weren't just fudging around the posting...they were busy posting elsewhere.

Closed
    AAA ERA

My intent for this post was not to single out anyone , but if we are going to have an incentive program for posting in threads that we already should be posting in than we should NOT bend the rules no matter what. I understand that other people post elsewhere and on other forums, but that isn't what the incentive program for this SIM league thing was about. It was about posting here. And as for me posting only in the Redsox thread, I could have just as easily made the incentive program with just the Orioles posts and threads I made in that thread. My point with this post is that it should never ever be a chore for any of us to post in any of the team threads, incentive or no incentive. We should do it for just the love of the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They had plenty of time. There shouldn't be any slack. They waited this long to attempt to participate and if the goal to actually boost participation, than odds are they really didn't want to in the first place.
    Ted

Closed
    AAA ERA

I truely believed that the sponsorship thing of the team threads was a wonderful idea, but we should be posting there on a regular basis anyway. I don't know maybe next time we have one of these drafts we can think up another way.

All I know is I will continue to post in whatever team thread I have something to say or reply to. Incentive or NO Incentive.

MLB ERA

My intent for this post was not to single out anyone , but if we are going to have an incentive program for posting in threads that we already should be posting in than we should NOT bend the rules no matter what. I understand that other people post elsewhere and on other forums, but that isn't what the incentive program for this SIM league thing was about. It was about posting here. And as for me posting only in the Redsox thread, I could have just as easily made the incentive program with just the Orioles posts and threads I made in that thread. My point with this post is that it should never ever be a chore for any of us to post in any of the team threads, incentive or no incentive. We should do it for just the love of the game.
    I wouldn't regularly discuss Radhames Liz and Adam Jones...they just aren't my concern...I have more time than most, and I still feel like I'm not going to post in team threads if I'm not contributing...it isn't fair to the fans...

I wasn't calling you out either...but people have other things to do, and they like to post regularly in other areas...if you have limited time like bipster, OM, or DD, they had to plan things out and make posts count...even Crazy too...

I saw nothing wrong with "bending" the rules. Think about if you were a thread short, and you missed out, and had been posting for over a month in a team forum...it wouldn't be cool.

I applaud and support Crazy's clemency. There was no reason to be a dick about this, it's just a sim league, and we wanted the contribution anyway...that's what this was about.
    I truely believed that the sponsorship thing of the team threads was a wonderful idea, but we should be posting there on a regular basis anyway. I don't know maybe next time we have one of these drafts we can think up another way.

All I know is I will continue to post in whatever team thread I have something to say or reply to. Incentive or NO Incentive.
    We all feel that way...but you can't always start good discussions in one team forum all the time...it took us all about a month to do so and keep things fresh, and some of us STILL crammed.

MLB ERA

Exactly. I mean, I'm a HUGE baseball fan, and specifically a big Mets fan. I know what I know about most teams(Red Sox and Yankees being the best examples) through arguing with my friends who root for those teams. I know about divisional rivals from watching games. So, it comes down to posting as much as you can, in as many different team forums as you can....as long as your posts have meaning. Honestly, I'm sure a couple of my posts were a bit forced...just to get the reward. But, I also felt like a few of my posts were of great contribution to the forums. I don't have a problem with Crazy's extension....maybe next time the few who need extensions automatically get put in order after those who didn't need the extension? Something like that. But I really have no issue with the way this was handled. I applaud Crazy for the job he's done with this sim league.

MLB ERA

Dammit... I was away for the weekend and missed the whole thing for this
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Exactly. I mean, I'm a HUGE baseball fan, and specifically a big Mets fan. I know what I know about most teams(Red Sox and Yankees being the best examples) through arguing with my friends who root for those teams. I know about divisional rivals from watching games. So, it comes down to posting as much as you can, in as many different team forums as you can....as long as your posts have meaning. Honestly, I'm sure a couple of my posts were a bit forced...just to get the reward. But, I also felt like a few of my posts were of great contribution to the forums. I don't have a problem with Crazy's extension....maybe next time the few who need extensions automatically get put in order after those who didn't need the extension? Something like that. But I really have no issue with the way this was handled. I applaud Crazy for the job he's done with this sim league.
    I think LJ has it right with this. There should be a deadline set from the beginning and for those who show an attempt to meet the deadline, but due to other obligations and stuff like that they just miss out they should be put at the end of the draft behind those who have met the extension. The only problem I forsee is some people may complain that they were only 7 to 10 points away from making it and what should be the criteria for making an honest effort to meet the goal. It can get rather complicated when there is an incentive program involved. I also want to say I belive Crazy is doing one Hell Of a job in this league. I know when I satrted this league I had no idea what I was getting into. I was an avid Fantasy Baseball player and the way that Crazy and actually everyone in the league has helped me out and made me feel comfortable and most importantly made this fun for me has been great. I am sorry if I feel like I offended anyone with my post because that was most certainly not the intent of it. I really love this league and all of you that particpate in it.

* Also for 2009 Green Monster City is going to sponsor the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Whitesox*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123