Thread: 2016 Game Plan

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

2016 Game Plan

The site is uploaded to the end of the year for 2015.

My plan for this weekend is to roll the game over to 2016 and edit the draft class to where I want it. The site will be uploaded once the draft class is edited.

Beyond that I'm not really sure what to do since we have 1 opening for sure and possibly 4 more openings. I hate to go on with open teams as I am sick and tired of babysitting open teams and I don't want the computer to do it. I also don't really want to contract as that could cause some major problems down the line. I know Crazy had problems with that in the old SBSL and I don't want to deal with that.

Regardless, no changes will be accepted at this time and trading is still closed until you see 2016 on the website. Anything sent before then will be ignored.

Lastly, since Witlon hasn't checked in I guess people can send me trades once trading is open. I'm also ditching the TC since I've been having to pass a lot of deal 2 - 0 and such. There's no point in it if people don't vote. So from now on I will be passing or failing deals like Nick does in TPSL. It'll be easier that way.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: 2016 Game Plan

It is fairly easy to click "auto entire franchise" for the opening teams on Opening Day, after the draft, and maybe once in the middle of the summer to keep a full roster... and get by until the end of the season and then decide if you want to extend players or not.

MLB ERA

unfortunately, it's not as simple as that...

when you click auto franchise, the game doesn't put players on the DL if they are injured. I've always had to do that afterwards and then do it again. Also, then these teams don't participate in FA under that scenario. I don't want to make offers for other teams; that's a conflict of interest. And the computer has shown it's pretty stupid when it comes to making FA offers so that is a crappy option. The result is that those teams end up being stagnant and unappealing to others...

There's other issues with it, but the point is it's not as simple as that. And it doesn't eliminate the problem of having to do that. I shouldn't be running 5 teams...that's not fun and is ridiculous.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    unfortunately, it's not as simple as that...

when you click auto franchise, the game doesn't put players on the DL if they are injured. I've always had to do that afterwards and then do it again. Also, then these teams don't participate in FA under that scenario. I don't want to make offers for other teams; that's a conflict of interest. And the computer has shown it's pretty stupid when it comes to making FA offers so that is a crappy option. The result is that those teams end up being stagnant and unappealing to others...

There's other issues with it, but the point is it's not as simple as that. And it doesn't eliminate the problem of having to do that. I shouldn't be running 5 teams...that's not fun and is ridiculous.
    Good points. The teams do stagnate and they are usually not competitive, but it beats contraction. It would be nice if we had GMs for everyone for sure...

MLB ERA

I could run 5 teams at once.

MLB ERA

but could you run 5 miles at once?

MLB ERA

is that even possible? running five different miles, all at the same time....i'll get back to you on that
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

the draft class has been edited and the site is uploaded to 2016.

Trades will be accepted once the site is finished. I need PMs from both parties.

No changes will be accepted.

I have no date for FA to start yet.

I will make a draft thread by tomorrow.