Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Class '08

MLB ERA

Re: Draft Class '08

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    right...because I said reverse because I'd have a high pick (it'd be 10th by the way since I draft 21st). I said I thought it'd be fair...not do it because I benefit :rollseyes:

Going by last year's records I would have had the 1st or 2nd pick so if I was out for myself, wouldn't I have suggested that Dry? KC and I tied for the worst record.
    Because that won't happen with COMPLETELY NEW ROSTERS...no way that would've flown.

Is it really fair? Think about it. You have a solid roster, a Top 4 system, and Tokyo has the 28th or 29th system and a crappy roster and you pick ahead of them? No

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I never said that would fly. My point was you accused me of being out for myself when if I was truly out for myself, then I would have suggested that if that were the case you wish it to be for some unknown reason.

I have a solid roster? please, I had picks wasted just like everyone else and I picked low. And again, the whole top 4 system things is BS and you should know that by now. Lander and Johnson are the only 2 good specs there. Haerther will probably never ever reach his talent and the C won't perform with 6 contact and 4 avoid k's...he'll be lucky if he hits his weight if he makes it to the majors.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tokyo would have the second pick in the draft at this rate. (Miami would be first)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Look, the bottom line is there's no completely fair way to do this, and there's no way that's going to make everyone happy. So arguing it isn't going to accomplish much, it's Crazy's call.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I'm not arguing...just defending myself against baseless accusations. I think someone's just bitter that David Wright is a money grubbing SoB just like Dontrelle is.

MLB ERA

I'm not arguing...just defending myself against baseless accusations. I think someone's just bitter that David Wright is a money grubbing SoB just like Dontrelle is.

I got jobbed, others did too, but seriously having the Mets pick high is silly.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Look, the bottom line is there's no completely fair way to do this, and there's no way that's going to make everyone happy. So arguing it isn't going to accomplish much, it's Crazy's call.
    I agree, this is Crazys league and we are all a part of it. So it is his call and we should go along with whatever his decision is.

MLB ERA

^^ Seconded

MLB ERA

I'm sure everyone in here has every intent of going along with whatever Crazy chooses to do.

In the meantime it's not really a big deal that people hash out what they feel is the best way to go, and maybe Crazy can read over the various opinions and then make his decision.

Or he can just say whatever and go with what he wants to do.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Who cares about 3.5 when you can have a 5?
    Because the 3.5 specs provide depth and balance and quite likely separate the good GMs from the great ones.

Also, regarding the draft order... I don't think there is a 100% fair way to do it. The fairest way is by record at time of draft, if all GMs are making an effort to win. If Miami and Tokyo had a stacked farm system and a shitty MLB record, things might be different, but the bottom line is that some teams came out of the fantasy draft in better shape than others. After saying all that, I am looking at Tokyo as a huge challenge and if Crazy chooses the reverse of the fantasy draft, I'll do my best with that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It just gives you more ammo to try and trade for great players, in other words.

We call it Slyderology.
    Ted

MLB ERA

The thing is, there will not be a way to be completely fair. If you go reverse fantasy, I get #5, which (as much as I'd love a nice prospect), I can see would be a source of argument. However, if we go with this season's record it's double jeopardy. Also, if we go with 2007's record, it's not based on the GM at all. I don't really have a preference. Whatever Crazy chooses.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The order the game goes with will end up as the best option.
    Ted

MLB ERA

reverse order from the fantasy draft seems fair. why should it be based on last year's records when we had nothing to do with that and the teams are completely different now than they were then?

Some teams benefited from picking high to begin with and to be fair the other teams should get their turn now. Obviously, from this point on it would be based on the records. JMHO...that seems like the fair thing to do. Whatever Crazy chooses is cool with me.
    already said that

Just like Hollywood said, we were discussing our thoughts on the matter, but of course whatever he chooses is fine.

MLB ERA

ok, so I'm guessing that since all the talk is about how the draft order is going to work, then the ratings aren't THAT bad seriously though, if anyone else has any complaints/suggestions about the draft class, feel free to vent here
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast