Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Random Ramblings!

MLB ERA

Re: 2007 Random Ramblings!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    But it's more than a guy or two. it seems like a lot of teams are having a guy or two every sim, and it's not just any old guy losing talent, it's good, starting major league players. it screwed my entire team outlook this season, i've had to make trades or look to make trades i really didn't want to.
    We've had two sims...

Calm your horses.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Can anyone explain how Alay Soler is 7-0? I can't but I'm happy about it.

MLB ERA

We've had two sims...
    That's what scares me
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

rep+ to General for changing Cla Meredith's name to his full name.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

The development thing should not be an issue in the long run. Short term fluctuations are to be expected, definitely not to this level but they will happen.

After the season, I will definitely discuss development with you guys if this is an issue still, but I expect the current issues to cease as soon as the league balances out.

I definitely understand and share your concern however, and I will be keeping an eye on this.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

A'ight cool.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    The development thing should not be an issue in the long run. Short term fluctuations are to be expected, definitely not to this level but they will happen.

After the season, I will definitely discuss development with you guys if this is an issue still, but I expect the current issues to cease as soon as the league balances out.

I definitely understand and share your concern however, and I will be keeping an eye on this.
    Thanks for saying this. It is too early to come to any conclusions, but from my (miniscule) experience... talent should RARELY be lost IF it is already developed and the player is too young to be declining due to age. Specs that haven't developed lose talent all the time while, only a very few young players have less talent than overall ratings. That said, there have been more than a few young players in SBSL who have been fully developed and lost talent. To me this might be an indication that the development settings are a little off. I have been a part of a few leagues that have had to start over because of the development and aging settings. It is still too early to make a conclusive statement though. I would be curious as to how the settings compare to established and proven leagues.

Have tinkered a lot, and am still tinkering, working with a different league file to gain optimal settings. Will report back and will post the actual modifiers and whatnot when I am satisfied.

Alright. Some changes were made, and I am happy with where I am now.

I went back and looked up Reyes and Carillo's talent ratings as of day 1 of this league and restored them. If there are other young studs who were adversely affected for no reason by the development settings, please pm their names to me and I will see what I can do.

This doesn't mean send in the ratings of your backup catcher. If you send me stupid names, you'll just piss me off, and that bodes well for nobody.

Players fixed:

Parr
    Reyes
    Carillo
    Barfield
    McPherson
    Hu

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Ya know I think your gonna make a damn good Commissioner... especially for a youngster!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

agreed, the peoples commissioner... honestly i wouldve dealt with mcpherson, sicne you fixed up reyes and carillo. hell, im a glutton for these leagues, i wouldve dealt with all of them... i think its pretty awesome you fixed it up regardless though. maybe later tonight ill ask nick about the dvelopment settings we got in our league... iset them up for the most part, but hes touched them up and shit, ill see whats happening if i remembe.r.. im drunk already so maybe i wont, but still... props to you man.

MLB ERA

wow. that's much more than i was expecting, thanks a bunch man. quite a commish there. like hammer said, props to you.

Well, what happened was in the course of my trial-and-error setting of the settings, I found the right ones, it's just that I forgot to change the regression settings to the optimal setting. So what basically happened was that we used the default 6.5 settings for regression (not progression, those were changed), which led to these events occurring. As things are right now, shit is fixed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    agreed, the peoples commissioner... honestly i wouldve dealt with mcpherson, sicne you fixed up reyes and carillo. hell, im a glutton for these leagues, i wouldve dealt with all of them... i think its pretty awesome you fixed it up regardless though. maybe later tonight ill ask nick about the dvelopment settings we got in our league... iset them up for the most part, but hes touched them up and shit, ill see whats happening if i remembe.r.. im drunk already so maybe i wont, but still... props to you man.
    Oh God, I'd have your kids or something if you talked to him about it. =D
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm impressed that happened. Kudos to General
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast