Thread: Tentative 2011 Sanfrancisco Giants

MLB ERA

Giants Tentative 2011 Sanfrancisco Giants

Following is tentative, and may or may not be permanent following spring training and last-minute moves:

LINEUP VS RHP Pos
    1) R Rai Delapena 2B
    2) L Jonathan "Judas" Priest LF
    3) R Adam Jones SS
    4) L Dennis "Haystack" Meeks RF
    5) R Michael Barrett C
    6) S Bryan Moser 3B
    7) R Jason Lane CF
    8) L Daric Barton 1B
    9)

Bench:
    R Benji Molina C
    R Pedro Lopez MI
    L Nate Schierholtz UTL
    R Miguel Cabrera 3B/OF
    L Juan Pierre CF

LINEUP VS LHP Pos
    1) R Rai Delapena 2B
    2) L Juan Pierre CF
    3) R Adam Jones SS
    4) R Miguel Cabrera LF
    5) L Dennis Meeks RF
    6) R Michael Barrett C
    7) S Bryan Moser 3B
    8) L Daric Barton 1B
    9)

Bench:
    R Benji Molina C
    R Pedro Lopez MI
    L Nate Schierholtz UTL
    L Jonathan "Judas" Priest OF
    R Jason Lane OF

Starting Rotation
    1) R Matt Cain
    2) L Noah Lowry
    3) R Rich Fischer
    4) L Brad Halsey
    5) R Jeff Allison

Mopup Reliever
    1) R Scott Williamson
    2)

Middle Reliever
    1) R Jason Isringhausen
    2) R Cliff Pollite
    3) R Javier Vazquez
    4)

Setup Reliever
    1) L B.J. Ryan
    2) R Merkin Valdez

Closer
    1) R Justin Duchscherer

Players to look out for this year:

• The near 5-star prospect, Michael "Marshall" Mathers is being left in the minors to start the season, in hopes of getting a feel for better judgement of the strikezone while toning other aspects of his game. If he wasn't only 20, and the Giants were in dire need of a leadoff man, he would be up with the team, but with more than enough time to blossom and the right situation in Sanfrancisco, he's being left in AAA to begin the year. Will likely be up with the Giants at some point this year. They view him as their leadoff man as the future.

• 2B Luis Estill has all of the intangibles to fit in as a nice #2 hitter, or give them some speed at the bottom of the order. If he starts to develop a bit quicker, he could find a role with the team by the all-star break, or could be used as trade bait.

• Former 3rd round pick Michael Green's prospect status came out of nowhere, but he is someone who could play a role off the bench at some point during the year. Hasn't reached his potential power, but still has a little bit to grow. Could help as a backup 2nd baseman with speed for the time being, if anything.

• Outfielder Alphonso Davilla, once a top prospect, came over in the same deal that brought rookie phenom Dennis 'Haystack' Meeks to Sanfransisco for the pair of pitchers Shane Komine and Armando Galarraga. While he's not what he used to be, slowed by injuries, he still has potential and at just 26, it wouldn't be completely out of the question to see him get there someday, or at the least become a feasible bench player.

• Nolan Reimold, another underdeveloped outfield, this time acquired from the Angels a few seasons back, has regained some of the potential that he had when traded for. Needs to play a full season at AAA, and if he can show signs of progression, may make it up as a bench player at some point during the season.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Re: Tentative 2011 Sanfrancisco Giants

Washington is beaming like a proud father at watching their former top prospect Haystack Meeks tearing it up in San Fran. No sour grapes or hard feelings here. Hope Electric Davila can succeed as well.

MLB ERA

Re: Tentative 2011 Sanfrancisco Giants

thanks friend! Here's to shane komine putting up 17 more wins, until we meet in the playoffs and haystack throws a barrell through his tiny forehead.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat