Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A note / apology

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A note / apology

My Grandfather passed away this morning and I just wanted to let people know. I want you to continue to send deals to me, but I apologize if they don't get posted as quickly as they usually do. They will get posted though. The wake is tomorrow night and the funeral will be Saturday. It's going to be a fireman's funeral. He was a fireman for 35 years until he was forced to retire due to cancer that he obtained from being on the job. He was the Battalion Chief. Thanks in advance for your understanding and condolences.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that. No need to apologize, things happen.

MLB ERA
    Agreed with bwitty here... no need to apologize at all. Take your time, get your stuff in order. The league won't go anywhere. I hope everything is okay. Sorry to hear about that man.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    thats a shame... sorry pal.

Ditto to what everyone else had said. Sorry for your troubles.

AAA ERA
    I'm very sorry to hear this. Take your time, there's no need to rush.

AAA ERA
    God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for you all. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask, my friend.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    I can hear the bagpipes already. One of the most honorable professions... God Bless you and your family in your time of mourning.

MLB ERA
    thanks again to all. My family can't really complain or be selfish about it because he was diagnosed in 1991 and was told he had 6 months to live...he lived 16 years...on top of that he developed diabetes and had 2 heart surgeries. He had a heart attack on the table for one of those heart surgeries about 5 years ago, too...so we have been very lucky and blessed to have him for all those years that we weren't "supposed" to...hell, he could have died in any number of fires that he helped put out...regardless it was sad to see him at the end.

He suffered despite the pain medications as he wasn't able to eat and was throwing up blood. I don't want to get into the whole thing, but there was nothing they could do as the lymphoma had spread to the nerves in his brain or something (the doctor thought, but the CAT scan and MRI showed no abnormalities there)...who knows...at least he isn't suffering anymore, but he truly was selfless, wonderful man who did more in his life and more others than I could ever hope to do.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That's incredible, you must have felt very blessed to have a person like him around. I'm very sorry to hear and my condolences are certainly with you and your family.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AA ERA
    God Bless, sorry about your tremendous loss. sounded like he lived a very fulfilled life

MLB ERA
    My grandmother died because of diabetes. She didn't live past 65. My grandfather didn't live past 70 because of heart problems. If I don't change the way I eat, I might develop heart problems later in life.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    you can't...you have to just live your life how you want for the most part. The cancer he got was work related...when he started they didn't even use masks! Never mind the carcinogens in the fire retardants...when they did finally using masks, no one did because, as my grandfather said, "they'd call you a pussy." Obviously, knowing what we know now, we'd say "gee, that was dumb", but that was the attitude back then (1956 or so is when he started...no one knew back then).

MLB ERA
    I eat a lot of cheese and butter. Reasons that lead to my grandfathers heart attack. I'm going along on the same path. The weird thing is I can't gain weight. No matter what I do, I can't gain it. I have been between 105-120 for a long time now.

Most people that join the military usually need to lose weight, I on the other hand had to gain 3 pounds. I look healthy and feel healthy but I have a feeling I'm not completely healthy.

One thing I need to start doing more of is exercise. Since I went to nights I haven't been working out as I should and I got out of the routine I was in. I need to get into another.

On another note, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I went through it when I was really young and didn't really know what was going on.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    yea...my grandfather and grandmother on my dad's side both died by age 5...I don't remember them at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast