Thread: State of the League Address

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

State of the League Address

Third Strike Sim League recently has come under new ownership in the form of myself and the new co-commish, Providence A's. In this thread, I'm just going to go over a few tidbits for the league and a few things I will be adding to the league to benefit the GMs, which are.. that's you all. The new ownership will have a mutual block of investment in the league, in that, if I go on vacation or simply I'm unable to sim or continue with the league at whatever point in time, PA can step in. We're making sure that we aren't starting over, again.

New definitive rules:

1. Save the Player, Save the Team Rule
    I'm taking a page from the Godfather Missionhockey21 and enacting a career ender clause for every team. The clause states that for every two good players a team loses to a career ender in a season, that team has the option of picking one player and changing his injury to a season ender. Let's face it, realistically, career enders to great prospects and great veterans don't happen that often, yet on OOTP, they can become a plague of sorts. You'll have the opportunity to save a player, his ratings may still decline, but you won't lose him for eternity. A good player is at my discretion, but you SHOULD know who's good. A 6-6-6-6-6 guy won't cut it. Good players are those who are critical to your team's current and future success. Like I said, every two you lose, you get to save one.

2. By the Grace of my Hand Rule
    Actually, not so much a rule but more of a heads up in that I hate it when teams do not send lineups in for multiple sims. By that I mean when you look at the OOTP site and see team A has one SP in their rotation and maybe 3 position players alotted in their lineups.. I will manually make sure everyone has some form a complete lineup to compete. I have nothing against people tanking, but I am fully against people tanking by having 10 people on the ML roster. Not happening under my watch.

3. Trade Expansion
    This can change after one trade if abused, but, I am changing a couple of things with trading. First thing, the ten player limit will be gone and I'm opening it up to 16. Again, abuse it and it goes back to 10. I will also allow more than two teams to be involved in trades, because in real life, three team and four team, etc. etc. trades do happen so I'll let it ride in this league. Abuse it, and we go back to the boring two team deals. Everything else with trading remains the same, and PA is good at catching mistakes in trades. I'll leave it to him if wants to inform you of re-doing a deal or not.

Re-visiting past rules:
    -The free agent rules I created will stand for the entire duration of the league, regardless of the depth of the free agent class.

-If the free agent class is incredibly weak, I may consider beefing up the field, ala S3SL. But it'll never happen in consecutive years and probably won't happen for years down the road. Seasons wise.

-I will probably always tinker with the ammy class, for the better. We really haven't had a good class since maybe the 1st season in the 1st TSSL. Even then, it was the result of glitches. I won't make the class so great, you'll land a stud in round seven, but my goal would be to make two rounds of quality ammy prospects. I also reserve the right to change names and nicknames, hehe. You'll know them when you see them, trust me.

-Deals are to go to PA, unless you deal directly with me.

As for the next sim, I will make an announcement later on. I'd like Friday to be the day, but it may have to be saturday or sunday. We'll see.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Sounds like fun... When will the site be back up for downloading and exporting?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully later tonight.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    as soon as we figure out how to publish a website

The site is up (I just updated the reports to include recent extensions)...we just haven't figured out how to make a front page with the file and link to the reports like Redsfan28 did...well, I tried...KoZ hasn't had a chance to play around with their website builder like I did, but I know he doesn't really know either so you guys will have to bear with us while we figure that out.

The only thing I know for sure that we could do (and I'm not really sure if this is something we would want to do because then too many hands would be in the cookie jar so-to-speak) is to give those who want to export the password to the account and everyone could just download the file from there (I've been able to upload it into the account with no problem ). After everyone downloaded the file, they would make their changes and click "export to ftp." KoZ would go to online league setup and import all teams.

The FTP is all set up for exporting...we just need to figure out how to make a website with the file for download.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That, or we go back to primitive methods of PMing me lineups. Which I have no problem with. But there's bound to be a relatively simple method to fix the front page. I bet mission knows. Or nick or hammer or bob from full house
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Update guys:

I'm assuming some control of Houston. I gave them a healthy Kelvim Escobar out of pity (they're going to lose Ensberg at the end of the season, so..). Since he was my player, it made no difference to me.

Also, just PM lineups to me for tonight. We'll have everything setup for exporting tomorrow or later this weekend or next week. Thanks.

Also, any free agent stuff.. cutting, signing.. send that to me as well.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i look forward to continuing the renaissance era of kansas city baseball

MLB ERA
    http://www.freewebtown.com/thirdstrike/tssl.html

Here is the link to the new site...it has the file available for download, but it's the file upload before KoZ did anything...he needs to upload the current file into the account. I'm not sure if exporting will work because of that or not...it's the same date in the game file, so I think it will work.

MLB ERA
    I would PM lineups and such for this first sim like KoZ recommended just in case. You could always export and send him a PM as a backup.