Thread: SP Joe Kennedy

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

SP Joe Kennedy

I hate dealing him, but I can't risk losing him to FA for nothing or signing him to a contract that I really can't afford given my current financial state. A 28 year old lefty with 6-7-9 ratings and a 2.73 ERA in 168 IP is pretty nifty. Currently posting a 76% QS number and he's won PoG in five of the last ten starts he has seen.

I am looking for a prospect or a young 1B with a similar contract to Kennedy (I just can't afford to take on much). Please PM me if you are interested, I don't know how long I'll be on today and this is a nice chance to grab one of starters in the Cy Young hunt in the NL.

Wasn't the trade deadline 12pm today?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Right you are, which screws me given the fact that I have been waiting to hear on Kennedy for four days (not that he would of accepted that offer, but I wanted to bargain with him before it was too late... like now.)

Oh well, disregard this. It's not like I am hurting for talent or anything.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Misson if you can resign him, I could look into that option in the offseason.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He "traded" him. There's still two deals in TC, I would expect the sim to be delayed if they're not ressolved.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ever wonder why free agency in OOTP leagues sucks?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's just better to resign or trade the player, than get into an outrageous bidding war. All of us always complain about the GMs of our teams giving out these terrible contracts, and what do we do? Do the exact same thing in a sim. Who gives JC Romero 8 million?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's just the harsh business in a video game that you can't call up an unheralded minor leaguer (e.g. the real Marlins with Josh Johnson and Dan Uggla) have him fill in respectably for your departed star player(s) whom you would otherwise be forced to spend 10 mil to keep.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    the human element lacks in ootp, definitely. theres no way to properly simulate a guy who wears out his welcome in every city. theres also no common sense in the ai... if john danks had an 11 million dollar market in signing an extension, the ai is not smart enough to have scott boras get in johns ear and tell him 'hey, youre worth 17 on the open market'. and thats what kills ootp free agent markets.