View Poll Results: How many players should teams be allowed to protect?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 15 players

1 5.88%
  • 20 players

1 5.88%
  • 25 players

15 88.24%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Draft Question

MLB ERA
    Yeah...this draft is to eliminate the Dodgers franchise. The remaining 29 teams each participate in a 1 round draft. The remaining players on the LA Dodgers will b dumped into the Free Agent pool. Once the Dodgers Draft is over, we will set a date for the expansion draft. Once the expansion draft is over.... free agency will begin.

MLB ERA
    Ok....there is no question that the majority of the league prefers a 25 man protection list. I have another idea. We discussed in the past that there could be some sort of bonus for those teams that do not protect all 25 players. I don't like the idea of giving draft picks as a bonus, but we could give participation points as a bonus. What are your thoughts on it? I'm thinking 5 points for every open spot on their 25 man protection list. So if a team only protects 20 players, then they receive 25 bonus points.

Sounds good to me. I just cut my list down to 19.

MLB ERA
    I'd be fine. I could cut mine down too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    as an expansion team.... looking over some of the rosters, 25 seems fine to me, ive found a couple real talented guys in the pool. 20 would probably be too much, and would allow the expansion teams to compete immediately, and 15... with some luck... one of the expansion teams could become a true contender... so 25 seems to work for me.

somebody should make lists of all the elgible players in the expansion draft.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    no somebody shouldnt... theres somebody out there who is out there accidently i think, and i dont want any of the other expansion teams to know about it to assure that i get him.

LOL. so i guess i'll be the one to make a list.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    no somebody shouldnt... theres somebody out there who is out there accidently i think, and i dont want any of the other expansion teams to know about it to assure that i get him.
    Aw hell no, you're not getting Bonds.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    thats the one... i figured youd have picked up on it anyway... irregardless of bonds, theres still some talented guys out there.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    Ok....there is no question that the majority of the league prefers a 25 man protection list. I have another idea. We discussed in the past that there could be some sort of bonus for those teams that do not protect all 25 players. I don't like the idea of giving draft picks as a bonus, but we could give participation points as a bonus. What are your thoughts on it? I'm thinking 5 points for every open spot on their 25 man protection list. So if a team only protects 20 players, then they receive 25 bonus points.
    Should we go with this idea then? It's all voluntary with an incentive to do it.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It can't hurt my team to cut down on the players. I'd do it.

Rookie ERA
    Won't this give Alaska 100 participation points?

Just kidding Bipster!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    Should we go with this idea then? It's all voluntary with an incentive to do it.
    yup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast