4-3 sim, possibly our worst this season. Not a great way to enter the draft, but thankfully for my fast start I am not too concerned.

5-25 7-3 Loss to the Indians. I knew those two wins I had over the Indians a while back came a bit too easy considering the talent of that team, I was right. Prior faced off against us and was the usual menancing pitcher he is by going 7.1 innings while only giving up two. Bedard on the otherhand continues to get burned by letting way too many EBH's (two doubles and a homer) and he only lasted 5.1 innings while having 4 earned runs. Our offense really didn't have much in the way of noteable lines, except that we left 6 on base. Several guys with a couple of hits, that's about all there is to say.

5-26 4-3 Win over the Indians. Thank god for errors I guess, in this case, Zito's which allowed us to win the game in another subpar offensive effort. Peavy had another great game as his counterpart left early by going 7 with 10 strikeouts, only giving up four hits and letting one run by. Our four runs looked to be plenty but that was before McDowell came in and struggled in his 1.1 innings by allowing two runs in. I really don't know why he has struggled this year after being nothing short of dominating in his young career.

5-27 8-2 Win over the Indians. Ah, that's a bit better. Vernon Wells had a very nice night by going 2-4 with power (a homer and a double) and knocking in three runs. Zambrano finally had some run support to improve his record to 6-4, he went 7 innings on 94 pitches while allowing two runs to score. And McDowell redeems himself by going 1.1 innings, with two strikeouts.

5-28 10-0 Win over the Bombers. Did someone lace Justin Verlander's water with something or what? In what was supposed to happen a couple seasons ago, he's finally pitching like my dominating young pitcher. He's now 10-1 after that 8 inning performance with 8 punchouts, only three hits and no runs. The boys holding the bats did their job as they topped former Sea Dog draft pick, Mario Soto. Shortstop Kevin Elster had a three hit, four RBI night. Beltre hit his 14th of the season and Jason Kubel continues to find his power swing as he hit his 7th after his slow power start.

5-29 6-5 Win over the Bombers. Another night to thank the gods of unearned runs. Bedard continues to be average as he allowed three earned runs and continues to be slammed by the longball (two this night, he's lucky the damage was minimal.) McDowell came in and performed like I expected him to for the win by having a 9th with no hits and two strikeouts. As for the bats, Adrian Beltre went deep again by hitting his 15th homer and driving in two runs.

5-30 8-2 Loss to the Bombers. I guess just like my boys had to get revenge on Soto, the Bombers had to get revenge on Peavy. Nothing particularly terrible about his line, but they still managed to score five off of him in limited duty. Felipe Paulino del Guidice makes another rare apperance, the only strong pitching we saw, with another scoreless inning to his season. Braulio finally performs after slumping for awhile, he was responsible for today's offense. Two hits, two RBI's, a homer and a walk. Beltre, Kotchman, and Brown were the only other's to get a hit (all 1.)

5-31 5-3 Loss to the Bombers. Weak offense and weak relief effort. Braulio had another two hit night, inching his BA closer to .260. Zambrano had an ok night of 6.2 innings with 3 earned runs and 6 strikeouts. But Vizcaino blew the tie we finally got to by allowing two earned runs in 1 inning of work as he continues to struggle with a 5.52 ERA on the season.

----
What happened in the world of development? Not too much to note. JD Durbin continues to slowy get closer to his talent ratings as he improved his stuff and is 8-6-6 of his 9-7-7 talent. OF prospect Ryan Sweeney learned how to play 3B which I guess is nice in case I have to trade Beltre, but how about he learns how to hit for more power?

And hopefully Savannah will improve their farm system with the upcoming draft. With two first round draft picks and three second round draft picks (assuming a trade is passed), I hope to restock some.