Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Random Ramblings

My closer, Perez:

1-4, 1 save, 2 blown saves.

Some closer. I'm about to put Rivera there.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Anaheim Sim Report 4-1/4-22

I would like to give Bipster credit where credit is due for coming up with the idea of the Sim Review. I will use my roster board for mine and I just want to make sure its stated.

Anyways. Anytime you can go 7-2 its a good sim, the challenges get a lot harder though as the Angels continue to try and work their way back into the hunt as contenders. Losing Rijo hurts big time though.

Offense seemed much improved the pitching was good too. Mauer maxed out his contact to 9. A couple minor falls but nothing that they shouldnt be able to recover from.

Batting AVG: .288 (3rd)
    Homeruns: 20 (13th)
    Walks: 60 (19th)
    Stolen Bases: 24 (10th)
    Runs Scored: 104 (11th)

Pitching ERA: 3.83 (6th)
    Opponents AVG: .236 (4th)
    HRs Allowed: 26 (T-25th)
    Walks Allowed: 46 (T-2nd)
    Runs Allowed: 76 (4th)
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Respectable sim from a team that decided to suck for 104 losses last season. One game back of Anaheim for 1st and this despite having a black hole at 2B and CA right now. Evan Miller is about to be shot with his pathetic display of pitching so far this season.

Development:
    Andre Dawson increases his Power Talent from 8 to 10 : The on again off again power talent of Andre Dawson has gotten a huge boost for the middle of the order. Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

Pascual Moreno increases his Stuff vs Righties from 7 to 8
    Pascual Moreno increases his Movement vs Lefties from 6 to 7: Moreno isnt pitching like the Ace he was brought over to be but he is still improving which will only help the squad then it comes to the later seasons.

The sim itself:
    4/14 @ DET: W 8-2 - Dan Meyer led the way going eight strong innings, striking out nine more batters and allowing two runs. Tony Torcato added three RBIs to lead the offense to victory

4/15 @ DET: W 4-3 - Tony Torcato continued his hot start, collecting four hits and smashing his first homerun of the season. Carl Pavano allowed only 3 hits and one run in eight strong innings.

4/16 @ DET: W 7-6 - The Vultures only collected seven total hits. A late Michael Cuddyer error almost costed the Vultures a comeback victory. Jose Guillen walked FOUR times in this game.

4/17 vs KC: L 5-3 - Evan Miller could not last longer than Rodney or Linebrink or even Soriano for that matter. Torcato did his part with 2 RBIs. The bullpen only allowed 3 ER in 8 IP to keep it close.

4/18 vs KC: W 4-3 (10) - Andre Dawson and Tony Torcato each had three hits. Johnathon Broxton got his 1st win going two innings of no-hit baseball to get the win.

4/19 vs KC: L 5-3 (12) - Kansas City got to Eric Gagne and Edwin Moreno to sqeak a five to three victory. Jose Guillen walked three more times in this game and has 18 BB for the season.

4/20 @ CLE: W 6-1 - Carl Pavano pitched a complete game four hitter while allowing just one run. The Patience of this team allowed them to earn the victory. Eight walks from the team (three by Jose Guillen) equaled the hits collected in this game.

4/21 @ CLE: L 8-0 - We can just blame the letdown in the 4th and 6th innings. All eight runs came in those innings. Galaragga couldnt find his control walking five batters.

4/22 @ CLE: L 4-2 - Evan Miller pitched by far the best he had all season. Brian Lawerence was just too much. This is a good sign that this team can fight with the big dogs this season.

Summary:
    The offense is doing a much better job producing this season. The bullpen is finally pitching like it was billed to do, except Gagne. I still need to find a good hitting 2B.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Slyder has a new free agency article that is now posted on the website.

www.sbsl.allsimbaseball.com

Rookie ERA
    Well, my "never saw a pitch they didn't like" Monarchs are out to a relatively disappointing first 20. I'm not getting many people on base in front of the heart of my lineup, though we're still stealing bases like they're going out of style. We're five back of the division but only one under in the Pyth. formula so there isn't much light in that tunnel. They've got to start playing like they are supposed to, but I'm in the camp that you don't start to panic until June 1st.
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

MLB ERA
    Well.. I was not very happy with my bullpen, and hopefully I have fixed that some with Frankie Francisco, and the promotion of the 20 year old Brandon Erbe from AAA to the long relief role.... I also was not very happy with Beckett, and quite frankly scared that another injury would result in even more decline in talent, so I traded him away. He's being replaced by Danny Jackson who is just about up in all ratings to talent levels.... 8-9-8 is nice as a 4th starter in a now 4 man rotation....

Tulo is doing great so far, as is the FA signing in Craig Wilson..... McPherson is hitting at about the average IQ of a dolphin, which needs to turn around, and until then he is moved down in the order behind Crosby... my team BA sucks, but with all the power, I am 3rd in runs scored.... if Witt and the others in the rotation pitch more like their talent levels, that should be a great help to this team making a move in the NL Central soon
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

The CSKA Lviv squad is getting worse and worse by the day.

Ricardo Perez is, until further notice, out as the closer for the Mossy Cows.

MLB ERA
    The National League's best player of the month was Milwaukee's Craig Wilson, who wins the award for the 1st time in his career. Craig went 33 for 90 (.367), while hitting 8 HR and collecting 24 RBI.

The offense seems to still be kicking good. But this pitching staff needs to het their heads out of their collective asses.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

7-3 sim. With a POW award for Podsednik.

I'll take it.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I went 6-4. Best sim in the division. My pitching is finally getting better. I finally may have something working here. I will update more on my team later. I am still not able to get the transfer file to be todays date, still show 6-1-06..

Vegas
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My team continues to score a ton of runs so far this season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Lets see, I stayed up for a ****en hour. To see a 4-6 sim? A 4-6 sim? You suck Phillies.

As I do love my pitching, Cabana surely had some jitters in his first game. While my hitting continues to dissappoint me in some areas. Overall, I need to get some shit figured out, if I have any chance at making the playoffs this year. If I start seeing myself getting out of the playoff race. I'll be writing articles, posting as much as I can. To get to that 200 pts, so I can go from the NL to the AL. As much as I like getting my ass kicked by the STL Cards, I rather get my ass kicked in the world series then every season.

Rookie ERA
    Well...one game under .500 now and Kevin Millwood didn't lose during this sim. Livan Hernandez did lose his first one though. John Maine pitched in 6 games and won 3 of them.
    I'm gonna have to make a move with my rotation...
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

6-2 sim, and I still lose games in the standings.

What pisses me off is Beltran and Butler are hitting a combined .410

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast