Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jerome James is averaging 18 points and 12 rebounds in the series.....hes been extremely huge in his 1st playoff apperance.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Sonics are up by 2 as they embrassed the Kings tonight. The Kings looked awful this evening. Bibby is clearly not 100 percent and that is going to be their downfall in this series. Kings offense are just not getting it done at all. That has to change or else this is going to be a sweep.

Ray Allen was fantastic tonight. The role players has been fantastic again. Jerome James had a very good game for the second game in a row.

Kings looked flat and lost out there. Their offense is as effective as the Twins offense.
    Maybe going back to Arco could help them, but it will not matter if Bibby can not be effective.

Nets/Heat? Can you say SWEEP? Yes, you can. Nets are going to play the Heat tough? HA! That's funny. The NY media and Nets fans have been saying how the Nets are going to play the Heat tough or how they would beat Miami. That thought has gone out the window. Nets are just overmatched and it shows. Miami is toying with them. Miami has no business losing a game to a team that has backed in the playoffs. As Magic Johnson said on TNT, if the Heat are really a championship contender, they should sweep the Nets.

Oh and how nice was it to see my boy, Zo just have a field day against the Nets. That guy was fantastic out there. He did whatever he wanted when he wanted and it was nice to see him put Wince in his place.

This should be over Sunday.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Jerome James is averaging 18 points and 12 rebounds in the series.....hes been extremely huge in his 1st playoff apperance.
    Reading LockedonSports.blogspot.com, David Locke, who does a radio show and the Sonics post-game show on KJR in Seattle, makes a good point about how Jerome is out to improve his stock as he becomes a FA. Maybe the Knicks or even the Nets can be dumb enough to sign this guy and overpay him

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    James is a servicable player, when he stays out of foul trouble. you could say the same about Reggie Evans, who also becomes a FA.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Reggie Evans is a great rebound guy, and I think he would be an asset to any team. I got to know him a couple seasons ago, when I was heavily involved with Fantasy NBA. He used to help me out in the rebound category, and ever since he's been a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Kidding, right. It hasn't been good. Most of these games has been snoozers at best. Game 2 of Dallas/Houston was good last night. Spurs/Nuggets in Game 1 was fun. Kings/Sonics game Saturday night was pretty darn good especially in the final few minutes. Other than that, they all stink. Wake me up when the Conference Finals begin.

In the NBA, I really don't have a favorite team. I never grew up with an NBA team, and I've tried that whole being fan of one team. So, you can call me just a general NBA fan. Anyways, with that said. The only reason this playoffs is exciting for me, is because teams that used to be labeled as "sucky or not that great" are in the playoffs such as Nuggets and Bulls. I'm cheering for them to win and go far. There is a couple of other teams that I like, and hope for them to do decent. But if Nuggets and Bulls were to do decent in this playoffs, that would be just awesome.

Go Rockets!!! These guys remind me a lot of the championship teams in 94/95. Yao isn't Hakeem, but we had no McGrady either, not even Clyde. But you never now what roll player is going to step up and when. It's still way too early, even in the Dallas series, but I feel they have a shot at winning it all.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Kidding, right. It hasn't been good. Most of these games has been snoozers at best. Game 2 of Dallas/Houston was good last night. Spurs/Nuggets in Game 1 was fun. Kings/Sonics game Saturday night was pretty darn good especially in the final few minutes. Other than that, they all stink. Wake me up when the Conference Finals begin.
    There has been enough good games for me. If we get 1 good game a night in the first round that is ok with me. Houston-Dallas was good in game 2, denver-sa game 1, boston-indiana game 2, pheonix-memphis tonight was pretty good. Det-Philly, Miami-NJ have been really bad. Chi-Was has been ok from waht I've seen and Sac-Seatle has been decent. I expect it to get better but if we get one good game a night I'm happy.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    GoYankees: I like to see a Phx-Miami Final. That would be a great matchup and you will see lot of offense as it should be for the Finals. It would be fun to see both teams run it up and all. I would love to see Seattle do well too. As long as the Spurs don't win, I am happy as a clam

Killah: McGrady is sick. Rockets got a good team. They got that duo and darn good role players in Sura, James, and Barry. Van Gundy can flat-out coach. I like the Rockets chances to go all the way. As the TNT guys said the other night, Rockets will be a pain in the rearend to their opponents.

AA ERA
    Spurs sent the Nuggets a message from the get-go tonight. No way the Spurs would lose this game tonight. They made it loud and clear. This was a message to the rest of the playoff teams too.

Grizz gave the Suns a scare, but in the end, Phx prevailed.

AA ERA
    How about the Bulls last night? I never thought they would be up two love in this series. Wizards lack of defense has been one of the big reasons why they are struggling. With due respect to Noncioni and Hinrich, you can't let those two go on a scoring binges as the Wizards had been doing with those two.

ya. Nuggets lost last night.

Hopefully Spurs lose the series, I would love to see the Nuggets win.

AAA ERA
    pretty good game in new jersey...carter hit the last second two pointer with his foot on the line at the end of the first overtime to send it into 2ots....but my pacers are up so im happy.

AA ERA
    I was so pissed at the Nuggets game last night but it didn't surprise me. Just can't wait till Saturday now .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    About time the Mavericks showed some heart tonight. It's about time the Mavericks players most notable Dirk and Michael Finley showed up. It's about time they earned their money. They were solid defensively as they contain the role players pretty good. Dirk snapped out of his funk and Finley finally performed. Everyone did good for the Mavericks and they did a great job surviving Houston's outburst in the end. Big win for the Mavericks. They needed that or risk being swept Saturday.

Nets/Heat series is over in 4, folks. This is it. No way the Nets can recover from tonight's dissapointing loss in double OT. No way. It's all over now. Nets gave it their best shot, but Miami survived the punch. Miami found a way to get it done and the Nets just ran out of gas there. At least, Wince and Jason performed and showed up at least. It's about time. It's one thing to lose, but to lose badly and not get anything out of your star players is not good. Jason has played like he is 41 years old with nothing left in this series and Wince has been fazed by physical contact. As good as story as RJ is with coming back from injury, he is just not the same. It's too much for Richard to come out and start shooting. It does not work that way.

How about Indy taking it to Boston, but the story of this game was Walker going up to O'Neal and spewing garbage. According to Barkley's point of view, he thought Walker stood up for Delonte West when O'Neal was pushing West. I did not see O'Neal pushing West at all though. O'Neal may have used his elbow, but he did not see him at all I think. Walker clearly overreacted and made a fool of himself. He has to hope that he does not get suspended. Celtics need him especially with West and Jefferson struggling in the playoffs.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast