Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    777: Who knows? I personally think his health will be good enough to coach. I hear Bill Davidson (Pistons owner) and Joe Dumars are reportedly fed up with LB so they just tell him to go away. That would mean he is free to coach some team and Isiah Thomas is dying to have him coach the Knicks. Knicks have the money to pay LB as he could be making 12 million a year with Jackson making 10 million a year. I think he will coach the Knicks which will not please me to no end. I think the Pistons should demand compensation for any team that wants to hire Larry as their coach. They are well within their rights when you consider Larry signed with the Pistons for 5 years I think. Personally, I don't think the Pistons should let him walk. This guy gives them the best chance to win it all. As great as Flip Saunders and Nate McMillan are, I am not sure if they can do as better as LB.
    Good point, LB will do a much better job then any other coach that they hire. You think his health will be good enough to coach?

AA ERA
    I am going to say yes, but I am not a doctor.

He will be in Rochester, MN at the Mayo Clinic to get his health checked in the weekend and then he will make his decision next week.

I am very curious to see what LB does. I am hoping he stays in Detroit. He is much better off as a coach than president of basketball operations.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I am going to say yes, but I am not a doctor.

He will be in Rochester, MN at the Mayo Clinic to get his health checked in the weekend and then he will make his decision next week.

I am very curious to see what LB does. I am hoping he stays in Detroit. He is much better off as a coach than president of basketball operations.

No kidding! Heck I bet if he coached again next year(maybe even his last year) he could win(assuming the Pistons win tommorow) win another Championship for the Pistons, alomost like a Belechick(SP) for the Pistons.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've only watched a couple seconds of the whole NBA Finals and it happened to be Robert Horry's game winner... heh
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    Well this is it. Tonight is the last game of the year. I hope it's down to the wire and I hope the Pistons pull it out. I will definitely watch it as long as the game is interesting.

I expect the Spurs to win Game 7. I can't see them losing at the SBC Center and I can't see Duncan letting his team lose tonight.

MLB ERA
    Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs for winning the championship. I was rooting for them to win it, and they were able to finish off the job they started.

MLB ERA
    Did anyone else see the entire S.A. crowd booing David Stern? That made me happy. Stern needs to rot in hell.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to the Spurs for winning the NBA championship. They definitely deserved it by getting the job done against the defending champs. Even though they're the team I still hate most, the Spurs (and the Pistons) are a well-run class organization from top to bottom. After the Spurs failed to defend their title in 2004, they rebounded and went about their business this season. With their foundation of Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, the Spurs will remain championship contenders for years to come.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I missed S.A. booing Stern.

AA ERA
    Thank God I missed this game. I heard it was awful to watch.

Congrats to the Spurs. They deserved it. They stepped up in the fourth quarter tonight. Spurs have a chance to form a dynasty for the next five years because I don't see anyone beating them. The only team I give a shot to beat the Spurs is the Pistons and that's basically it. It's a credit to the organization that they draft great players and make smart choices with free agents.

Pistons have nothing to be ashamed of at all. They did a great job all year and to get to Game 7 after being on the verge of being swept or losing in 5 is pretty darn good. Pistons just did not get it done in the fourth quarter tonight. The only thing you can fault the Pistons is their performance in Game 1. Pistons should have won that game. Spurs did not play great and had the Pistons took advantage of the Spurs mistakes in that game, I think we would be talking about the Pistons winning it all tonight. They will be back next year as long as Larry or some other good coach is there. I think if Flip takes the Pistons job, I think he is good enough to take them to the Finals.

The Finals were alright. I don't think it was something to remember except if you are a Spurs or even a Pistons fan. It was okay, but it won't rank as one of the best Finals. It won't be the worse either.

do you think it is possible that the first 6 games of these finals were rigged?

MLB ERA
    No.

the overtime game was very predictable

MLB ERA
    Man that was a good game unitll the 4th quarter. So still no road team has ever won game 7 in MLB,NHL and NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    So still no road team has ever won game 7 in MLB,NHL and NBA.
    WRONG.

Game 7

October 20, 2004 at Yankee Stadium II (New York Yankees)

-------------------1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E------------------ - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Boston Red Sox----2 4 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 10 13 0
    New York Yankees-0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 5 1

PITCHERS: BOS - Lowe, Martinez (7), Timlin (8), Embree (9)
    NYY - Brown, Vazquez (2), Loaiza (4), Heredia (7), Gordon (8), Rivera (9)

WP - Lowe
    LP - Brown
    SAVE - none

HOME RUNS: BOS - Ortiz, Damon (2), Bellhorn
    NYY - none

ATTENDANCE: 56,129
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast