Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Steak: I think Jackson is more overrated than Van Gundy. as said in the other thread with Van Gundy. Your 2nd statement on Jackson, is the exact reason why i think hes overrated IMO.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    lol i forgot the Wizards and the Heat are in the same division along with my Bobcats, so I cant pick who i want to loose and win. So who ever wins I hope they loose in the next round.

AA ERA
    Thank God Indy and Dallas won or else we would have another stinker in the second round.

What a game for Michael Finley

How about Reggie Miller? He has been fantastic the last two months. It's really fun seeing him have that little extra something left.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jerome James and Antonio Daniels really stepped up when Ray Allen went SCORELESS in the 4th quarter. Nick Collison was good in his time on the floor. The Pick and Roll is working with Ridnour to James. It will be intresting if they go back to it in game 4. The Spurs lost the game cause they cant make any free throws. An Inexcusable sub-.500 from the line in the 2nd half.

The Heat are going to win without SHAQ in game 4. Why should he even play? Stephen A. Smith said it best on SportsCenter. WHY SHOULD HE PLAY?

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Sonics showed some heart tonight. I am glad they won. Nice to see the emotionaless Duncan miss that GW shot. I thought that was going in.

How about my boy Zo kicking butt again? That was so awesome. I want to see the Heat win just to see Zo win a title. It would be nice to see him stick it to the Nets for the way he was treated. He was huge. Zo needs to play like this in the next round.

If the Heat are smart, they win Game 4 while Indy and Detroit beat up on each other. Shaq has to be 100 percent ready for this next round. They need him healthy especially against Detroit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Wizards are not great in the basketball IQ department at times. You can tell that the Heat are smarter when they are on the floor. When the Wizards were down 2, they took 3 point shots or 20 footers, early in the shot clock. They make bad passes and dont consistently run their offense. I dont know if thats a product of Eddie Jordan or not.

Zo was huge today with a double double and will be a huge factor when Shaq is out.

Bruce Bowen really got into Ray Allens head tonite. They exchanged words in the 4th quarter. When Ray Allen missed a 15 footer with fading into the 3rd row on the baseline, he mouthed the words F*ck you to Bowen.

AA ERA
    Ray Allen needs to stop with his nonsense with Bruce Bowen and play basketball.

I really want to see Zo get that ring so badly. He was such a class act with the Nets last year. With his career being finished, I like to see him go out on top.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I want to see Reggie Miller win a ring, but thats highly unlikely.

AA ERA
    Pacers do it again. They are now leading the series 2-1. WOW! That was a good win.

Dallas did all they could against Phx, but Phx still found a way to win this game. That Suns team is something else.

MLB ERA
    so the Heat won, man wow they get what like 9 days rest? Now I want them to loose to who ever

AA ERA
    That's huge for Miami because that team clearly needs Shaq at his best from the next round forward. He can get to rest his body which is very important. They needed this win in the worse way. With Indy and Detroit beating each other up, Miami can take their sweet time and enjoy some time off.

A great season by the Wizards though. I thought Eddie Jordan, former Nets assistant coach, was fantastic this year and I am very happy that he is succeeding. He was awesome with the Nets and a class act.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This year's playoffs will be the first time I will root for Shaq to lose in the playoffs. Ironically, I'd like to see Detroit, of all teams, win the Eastern Conference, since Indiana is highly unlikely to beat the Heat.

For the record, even though Kobe factored into the trade of Shaq, Jerry Buss made the decision to trade Shaq because Shaq, like TO, b1tched about wanting a new contract when he still had 2 more years left on his current one.

AA ERA
    realmofo: I am rooting for Miami just so I can see Shaq spite the Lakers. Also I want to see my boy Alonzo Mourning win it all for the state of NJ, the kidney transplants, and etc. I want to see Zo stick it to the Nets for the way he was treated over there.

As for Shaq wanting a new contract, that was not the reason why he left. Buss traded him just so he can please Kobe. That's on Buss. He didn't have to trade Shaq. Shaq could have moped and deal with it. If you want to rip Shaq, rip him for continuing to attack Kobe and the Lakers.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    realmofo: I am rooting for Miami just so I can see Shaq spite the Lakers. Also I want to see my boy Alonzo Mourning win it all for the state of NJ, the kidney transplants, and etc. I want to see Zo stick it to the Nets for the way he was treated over there.
    What do you mean winning for the state of NJ? Otherwise, I agree it would be a good story with the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    As for Shaq wanting a new contract, that was not the reason why he left. Buss traded him just so he can please Kobe. That's on Buss. He didn't have to trade Shaq. Shaq could have moped and deal with it. If you want to rip Shaq, rip him for continuing to attack Kobe and the Lakers.
    You're right on Buss pleasing Kobe, but he also didn't want to deal with a TO-like contract fiasco. I'm not gonna rip Shaq, b/c he didn't turn his back on the fans, but I wouldn't want to see him spite the Lakers. A Pistons-Heat matchup would be great to see if the Pistons can shut down Wade or if Wade will torch the Pistons.

AA ERA
    realmofo: Zo was angry at Bruce Ratner (Nets new owner) for moving the Nets to New York City. Zo has been ripping Ratner since July and one of the reasons he hates Ratner was because he is a guy that was very loyal to the state of NJ and he did not want to see the franchise moved. Most New Jerseyians that I know are rooting for Zo for the way he stood up to Ratner hence why I said I am rooting for Zo to win it all for the state of NJ. New Jerseyians have nothing to root for with the Devils on lockout and the fact the Nets are moving. Most people here want the Nets gone now not in six years. I think the Nets are better off in Long Island while the arena is being built in NYC. Nets drew as well as the Devil Rays this year. There were lot of empty purple seats. I paid like 65 bucks to see the Wolves/Nets game at Continental Airlines Arena in March and there were so many empty seats in the front that I was able to sit right by Mark Madsen. I was able to cheer on the Timberwolves with no consequences.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast