Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRL Driver Paul Dana Killed in Practice Wreck

MLB ERA
    Nice statment I agree with you RockSports17

rep+

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    A construction worker comparison to a guy who drives 200 mph with others doing it gets reps? Man, I need to start making ridiculous comparisons.
    I took a shower this morning and could have slipped and cracked my skull.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Dana's racing experience: 3 total races. Yep, that's it. He was a mechanic before this and somehow managed his way behind the wheel - most probably because he's marketable to a certain extent and sponsors are attracted by a guy like him.

Didn't he see the warning lights that there was an accident in front of him? Didn't he hear his crew's warnings into his earpiece? Sad sad...
    while he was carrying too much speed, the spotters were telling the drivers to go low after Carpenters wreck and the first two past the wreck did indeed go low, but Carpenter slid down the track where Dana was. They say he was going 176 mph, which is about 40mph less than what they were maxing out at. As they say though, shit happens. if they wanted a safe sport, they should have done golf.

BTW, this may have only been Dana's 3rd race (to be) but he had done driving on other circuits too. And he was a mechanic, they know what they are doing behind the wheel.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12