Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRL Driver Paul Dana Killed in Practice Wreck

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

IRL Driver Paul Dana Killed in Practice Wreck

rf28

Rookie ERA
    Saw the accident very bad, one of the worst I've seen. Thoughts and prayers go out to Dana and his family

AAA ERA
    Yea i heard them talking about it before the Pacers-Sixers game. Always hate to see a fairly people die in race cars.

RIP

AAA ERA
    Yea i heard them talking about it before the Pacers-Sixers game. Always hate to see fairly young people die in race cars.

RIP

Yah I saw the crash, it was crazy. Definitely my prayers go out to his family and friends. My prayers also go out to the other driver whos in critical condition, that he'll make a safe recovery.

MLB ERA
    God bless him

MLB ERA
    It's a dangerous sport. I don't think you could pay me enough money to do that shit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Not a shock and really can't feel sorry for these people. Down with NASCAR!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Really, it's a job when it comes down to it. A job that puts food on the table and a roof over their head. You can't feel sorry for these people? These people, who are fathers/mothers who go home every night to their children and families? It's sad for anyone to die, especially somebody so young and with so much life ahead of them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sure its sad but do I have to feel sorry for everyone that dies driving 200 mph in a circle. They know the risk and they do it anyway. Its a dumb job if you asked me and I show these people zero pity. And don't try and compare these people to soldiers for obvious reasons.

Obviously they're not soldiers, but I'll compare them to a person dieing at a construction job. Shit, construction workers know they may die, but you don't feel sorry for them? Hell, I could die walking across the street, you wouldn't feel sorry for me? Maybe I should've walked faster, ran? So maybe I deserved it? Come on.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    You know too bad its IRL not NASCAR. Which didnt have a death in 3 years? Theses guys know they have risks but they are also in the safest possible cars in the world as well. If it takes a head on collision at 200 MPH for that to happen, compared to a 55 MPH in a domestic car (in a theoritical sense) im going to take the Indycar.

Also, i still prefer Formula One. Go Alonso!
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I'm not surprised, shocked, nor appalled that this happened. Another death in racing was sadly overdue.

That being said, I wish the best to his family and friends.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Obviously they're not soldiers, but I'll compare them to a person dieing at a construction job. Shit, construction workers know they may die, but you don't feel sorry for them? Hell, I could die walking across the street, you wouldn't feel sorry for me? Maybe I should've walked faster, ran? So maybe I deserved it? Come on.
    I'm sorry but there is just no comparison. Driving around that fast is a skill and I will never say otherwise but don't try and tell me they are the safest cars. No car at that speed is safe. And who really gives a shit if it's IRL or NASCAR? Get rid of it all and we won't have this mess. Every person out there knows they have a good chance of dying and that's why they do it, for the rush and the money for that rush isn't bad either. Its boring and whoever watches a whole race is better off watching their grandparents ****. Not a lot of action but when something breaks, its entertaining.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dana's racing experience: 3 total races. Yep, that's it. He was a mechanic before this and somehow managed his way behind the wheel - most probably because he's marketable to a certain extent and sponsors are attracted by a guy like him.

Didn't he see the warning lights that there was an accident in front of him? Didn't he hear his crew's warnings into his earpiece? Sad sad...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast