Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (9/02)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well, gee, I dunno...we had this discussion 2 days ago! I'll sum it up for you...SELL SELL SELL The Phantastic Phillies have to play all the teams in the NL East, which are also in the Wild Card and NL East hunt...so while those teams are beating up on eachother, the Houston Assholes will be laughing all the way to the Wild Card...assuming they can score more than 2 runs a game because despite having super pitching, you can't win if you don't score. Scoring the most runs in a game is the object of the game. Just check the official MLB rules...but way to go statboy, you successfully repeated a topic that we just did

It's the hot topic, Einstein. +++

Ghetto, you buying this?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    whats the classic quote?

PITCHING WINS CHAMPIONCHIPS!!

what does houston have?

PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING.

take it from a reds fan.

compare a team ERA of 4.27 for the phils to a 3.52 in houston. a .244 BAA for houston to .254 for the phils. 1.30 WHIP for PHI 1.23 HOU.

houston has a way better staff than philly and they will win the wildcard.

sorry for the delay
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Porter?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sell.... I think that Houston with Roy Oswalt, Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite in the rotation, and Brad Lidge as the closer. And with Morgan Ensberg, Lance Berkman and Craig Biggio on offense. Has enough firepower to hold off the Fighing Phills. They have the 2nd lowest team ERA with 3.52 and tied for the lowest walk/hits per innings pitched with Minnesota at 1.23 But heres whats more important, Since the all star break theres only 2 teams with a sub 3 Team ERA. The A's and the Astros (who has the lowest at 2.89), and I think both teams will make the playoffs.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

++++

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    I got to make this unamious and Sell the Phils holding onto the wild card, but there seems to be a team that just about everyone is forgetting to mention.

Its not like this team hasnt won it all before, and got some good pitchers whats their names? I think one is Dontrelle (2.61 ERA 18-8), another is A.J. (3.07 ERA 12-7), Some guy named Todd Jones as their closer (.92 WHIP, 1.20 ERA, 32 saves), and Josh Beckett (12-8, 1.17 WHIP, 3.62 ERA).

ANd they are able to score some runs with Delgado, Cabrera, and company. I also predicted them to finish second in the East at the start of the year, so I gotta ride the horse I came in on.

BTW in case you dont remember its the Florida Marlins 2003 Champs.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

You good some good stats...++++...but c'mon..the Marlins? [mute]

Next topic on the night...the Miami/FSU game in week 1..is this marquee matchup good in week 1? Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    Sell, why is this a marquee game when its going to be the fourth or fifth time since December 2004 that it is seen? Plus they are going to meet again in December to determin the All Coward Conference Championship, thats when its going to matter. The hype is great but its a marquee game this time more or less by default cause no one likes to play a rival the first week of the year.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

+++

Prov?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    SELL...I could care less as I find college football boring...bring on the NFL!

++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    3 topics on NCAA football and only 1 on baseball. SELL i would rather watch curling than NCAA football right now.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Well, you get nothing for that.

Porter, go.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sell.....I think Georgia-Boise St will be the better game to watch. BSU scored 67 TDs last season and they are looking for credibility for its impressive recent 3 year run against a Georgia team that only allowed 19 TDs last season and they have to replace David Greene this season. The ACC is an overrated conference that needs to just die. Espically Miami-FSU early in the year, if they had the cajones to play this late in the season instead of early so they can still factor into the B(C)S. I would buy it then. but they arent and so im selling, and while its boring didnt Prov complain about the Wild Card being mentioned 2 times this week, at least the NL one.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast