Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (9/02)

MLB ERA
    my expectations of weis is that he'll make some moves, shake things up, but this team isn't going any better than 5-6...they're facing PIT, MICH, and MICHST first three games...i don't see them winning anything until atleast washington...i see a 5-6 record this season for weis, with wins against washington, BYU, Navy, Saracuse, and Stanford.

But don't give up on Weis just yet...he's got tons of expectations and this is his first year. i'd give him atleast 2-3 seasons to make his stand, to see if this is really ment for him or not.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Good job ghetto, ++++

Providence, for the save.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    For starters 4 of their first 5 games are on the road and if that doesn't sink them, then they come home to face USC...they're done before the season even starts. Weis has a lot to prove as this is his first time being a head coach any where. The only thing they can shoot for is to try to upset USC when they come to town. That would be the highlight of their season, otherwise watch out for a craptacular season.

+++

Next on our menu...Steve Spurrier's close call yesterday...Central Florida lost by only 9 points, compared to the 30 point blowouts people were predicting. Is this a concern for Spurrier? Around the Horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    you can't judge something on just 1 game, especially the first game of the season. Spurrier has plenty of time to get a hold of things, and judging on his visor throw yesterday he will get those guys in line this week. they will rue the day they almost give up the game like that! hell hath no fury like steve spuriers wrath.

what i'm trying to say is the press is blowing this out of proportion, kinda like the same way larry brown and his saga. just let the guy do his thing and the W's will come.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Prov, what say you?

MLB ERA
    Is this the all college football edition or something? Who cares about college ****ing football...

The gamecocks have gone 5-7, 5-7, and 6-5 the last 3 years...woo hoo! Spurrier should be thanking his lucky stars he's not stinking up the NFL anymore...at least he's back in college where he'll have some success. They'll probably win 6 games again...maybe 7, but honestly, who cares?

+++...and a + for sharing an opinion with Statboy.

Slyder, what you got for us?

MLB ERA
    Spurrier took Duke to the ACC championship in the 80s, built Florida in the 90s (won a national championship and multiple SEC championships), and the same hold true for Spurrier as it did with Weis, it will take time to teach the kids his system and figure out how to fit square pegs into round holes, until he gets a chance to recruit. The difference being Spurrier's a proven commodity as a HEAD COACH at the NCAA level.

He will get So Carolina built up and show he hasnt lost the monicker Steve Superior, Ole Ball Coach.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++

Porter, wrap it up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I seriously think they over looked UCF. The Golden Knights didnt win a game last season. Add the fact the the over hype of a team that was a pedistrian 6-5 last season like the Gamecocks. Ballcoach has to teach this team how to play pass defense or they will get shredded in the SEC. They also couldnt establish any running game what so ever. Even for the Air Spurrier offense, you need a running game to keep then at least honest and they didnt do that.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

+++

We take a quick break to pay the bills..and when we return, we dim the lights for buy or sell.

horn Me!

MLB ERA
    No, HORN ME!

Alright, buy now, sell later.

First up, the WC-leading Phils, who took 2 out of 3 from the Mets.

Who's buying the Phils in the playoffs? Prov?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast