Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Around the Horn (8/22)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Horrible idea. I love Garth Brooks music. He is the most entertaining country musician of all time. But why would anyone in there right mind make a move like this? This is some kind of dedication to Wally World.

I know its not like he will be coming out with a new album any time soon as he retired from performing in 2001. And I know he has already sold millions of albums already. But what does this benefit Garth? I guess he is selling it like it will have a better cost and content. But if you are a recording artist, wouldn't you want your music out there and available to as many people as possible? A million dollar mistake.

MLB ERA
    Go?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Garth Brooks isn't what he used to be and it just shows that this move is all about money because of the deal signed with Wal Mart. So, the money is made up. But It should be about the music ultimately, and this just makes me lose respect for Garth even more. He's damn greedy. It's going to cost him fans. Not everybody likes to go to Wal Mart, and I'm sure people won't go there just to buy his CD. Some people hate Wal Marts with a passion. They're a monopoly. Just we're I'm at, they build a Wal Marts across the street from every Meijers (It's a store in the midwest). It's a greedy decision and it's ultimately going to hurt him in the end.

MLB ERA
    Good points from both of you...

But the whole idea of greed clouding him really sticks for me. (BTW, I know about Meijer's being in the Midwest quite well! )

Point to Go...and the win... time for a victory post...
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

I mainly want to talk about a guy who lost his life in a devastating way. Thomas Herrion. He was a well respect, well rounded, good hearted, young kid. His funeral is coming up and it's going to be stacked with people. The Yorks, Coach Nolan, and Commish Taglibue are going to the funeral which just shows how classy they truly are. What the family is going through is truly unimaginable, and this should be a true wake up call to the obese players in the NFL that they need to be more healthy and that their life should not be ended by a GAME. Thomas Herrion dreamed of playing in the NFL and that dream came true for him. For that I'm happy. He's a angel in heaven, and I'm sure god is proud to have him up there.

RIP Thomas Herrion.

MLB ERA
    Great stuff Go...very classy.

Anyway, that will do it for tonight folks. We're on a 45-hour break. We'll see you Wednesday... Around The Horn!!...

*Paper Toss*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234