Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/22)

MLB ERA

Around the Horn (8/22)

The show will start in 5 minutes...so grab a seat.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    We are on a slight delay this evening due to Golf, but will be starting very shortly.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    We are starting in 5 minutes...even if it is with only half of our national panel.

MLB ERA
    Three of America's most brilliant sportswriters. A little bit of everything to discuss today, so let's go... Horn-time!!!

MLB ERA
    Welcome back to the show of competitive banter! We are running short on sportwriters today, but no sweat...

First up, we have redsrbetter...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, I hate it when Golf gets in the way. BTW, I played my first game of golf just two days ago. First time ever. Did I like it? Oh definitely. But if this sport gets in the way of my camera time ever again I'll....

MLB ERA
    Yeah, if the Golf would have extended much longer, we would have all been golfing today

Making his ATH debut today, is GoYankees....

Thank You. Thank You. Let's get the show on the road.

MLB ERA
    Alright... and we are definitely getting it on the way... as you two are the only panelists to show up at work today. I think a couple folks are playing hooky...

Anyway, let's get rolling.....

MLB ERA
    First up...what else... Barry Bonds: He flipped, he flopped, he flipped, he flopped he flopped. Flip, flip, flip, flop flop flop- The Barry Bonds Show... My Simpsons homage...

Anyway, Barry has again flipped...saying he might return before the end of the season. This is of course the latest in the series of flip-flops. He's got to be getting sunburned from wearing flip-flops all of the time, but guys...what do you make of his latest claim that he "might" play this year? Around The Horn to GoYankees...

The guy needs to shut up. If he really wants to help his team just stop talking. Let the Giants focus on playing baseball, they don't need some distraction.

Bonds is only making himself into a big joke, he needs to retire and soon. I just don't see him being the great hitter he once was without the.......roids.

MLB ERA
    +++

No doubt the best way he could help his team is by shutting his trap.

Redsrbetter, what say you?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Barry this Barry that. I would like to bury this story. Personally, who cares what Barry does these days. The Giants are not in a playoff race, so why would they need him right now? They should try and convince him to not come back if you ask me. Have him come back fresh for next season. Then again, Selig and his boys would try and sway him the other way in hopes to regain some bandwagon type fans. Too bad the majority of baseball fans would love to see Barry back. But I am just not that fan.

MLB ERA
    ++++

Excellent points... I don't know what his obsession with coming back this year is. He should just make sure he's healthy and come back next year and help his team start the year off well.

Moving along...

The tragic death of San Franciso 49ers player Thomas Herrion.

An autoposy revelaed nothing conclusive on Herrion, who would have seemingly not suffered a heat stroke in the 60 degree temps. the team was playing in. One Dr. pointed directly to obseity, however. Said Dr. Joyce Harp of the University of North Carolina: "Yes, it could be totally unrelated to weight, but the fact remains that he was 6-3 and he weighed 310 pounds and probably should have been 210 pounds". Do you think the NFL should do a better jof of controlling players' weights?

Around the horn to redsrbetter...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    First off, God Bless the Herrion family. This has to be some hard times right now. So, I will put them in my prayers.

I am not too sure they should do a better job in this case. Some of these guys are payed to be this big. Yes it would be better to be big through intense muscular training, but a lot of these lineman have found a life this way. You look at a kid that is 10 years old and is 6 ft. 200 lbs. You automatically think lineman, don't you? This guys were probably just that and have learned to live with the fact that they will always be big. Now they find out that they can make a little over 100K a year? It becomes apart of life after that.

What the NFL could do is to make sure these guys are still healthy. Each team has a doctor. These guys that are overweight could be forced to get a checkup every week or so. This way their heart rate and blood pressure is monitored. If they find difficulties, then you crack down on the weight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast