Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pardon the Interruption (7/31)

Rookie ERA
    Looks like Woody has learned the ways of Odds. A double squadoush.

Chances of the Knicks making the playoffs?

MLB ERA
    This ones tough cause I work right across the street from the Garden and the Knicks now have a legitimate coach who Isiah cant meddle with. But the talent is lacking just a bit. I will give Coach Brown a swing of 10 games since all but 2 places hes gone have improved by at least 4 games record wise between the record the previous season and Browns first year, plus they are in the weak east that would be enough for a playoff spot.

75%
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

You know Larry Brown is my boy. However, I'll be serious here: I'm just going with Brown's career stats on this one, since he's coached some pretty bad teams. There's only one stat you need to know: .589 lifetime winning percentage. In the East, that gets you in the playoffs. 80%
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Alrighty then.

Last one: Chances of Manny finishing his career as a Boston Red s0ck.

MLB ERA
    How old is he now? He's 33 and under contract for another 3 years at the cost of 57 million dollars. Not a lot of teams can afford what Boston would need to get him. Also why break up one of the best 3-4 combinations in the league? He gives them too much to trade him. Boston will tolerate the yearly "I want to be traded" Speeches. Schilling will be retired before Ramirez is traded.

90%

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

100%. Here's why:

Boston loves him. World Series MVP. The Curse Ender. Yankee Killer. He'll play in Boston till he's 40 and retire a Red s0ck and go to the HOF as a Red s0ck.

Rookie ERA
    Alright, here's the recap:

Woody Paige started off terrible..2%..wow. Picked it up a bit with a squadoush. 75% and 90%..not as bad as Wilbon, but still no Kornheiser. 0, 0, 80, 100. Dominating. Kornheiser wins..but then again, when doesn't he?

Thanks Statboy. Go back to your cage now.

That does it for Oddsmakers, I win as usual. Five Good Minutes is next.

Welcome back to PTI, kiddies. Joining us today to talk Raiders football, Crow himself.

Rookie ERA
    Hi.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

MLB ERA
    Welcome Crow.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Alright, Crow, Woody. What do you guys see the Raiders doing this year? Keep in mind the fact that their D-Line is, to lack a better word, terrible.

Rookie ERA
    I'm looking for a 9-7 record and 2nd place in the division. The offense should come together quickly and put up a mad amount of points. The AFC West isn't exactly known for its defenses, so I don't expect to see Oakland help to under 30 points in any divisional game.

The defense is still a mess, but with a move back to a more 4-3 oriented scheme, things should improve. Sack leader Tommy Kelly started training camp with the 1st unit at RDE. Probably not his best position, but it does show the team's desire to put its best players on the field. A line consisting of Kelly, Warren Sapp, Ted Washington, and Bobby Hamilton should provide Oakland with a solid run defense...until the two old guys in the middle get tired. Then we could have problems.

The pass rush will be only marginally better, so expect some Arena league type scores this year when you watch a Raiders game.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

MLB ERA
    The defense might still have some holes, but that offense is jsut going to put up points at will vs just about anyone. Even last year Kerry Collins showed signs of returning to being the QB that lead the Giants to the Super Bowl and the Panthers to the NFC Title game, now hes got the single most dominanting force at WR and a fresh RB wanting to establish himself as a great back after being a backup to Curtis Martin.

Plus the Broncos continue to show why they wont win without Elway. The Chargers are the Chargers. The Raiders havent had that big splash impact on defense from Free Agency but they got some solid football players Derrick Burgess, and spent 5 of 7 picks on defense. The guys who should make an immediate impact are Kirk Morrison and Fabian Washington, the coaching staff is already saying that Washington has picked up the defense and is ready to go.

Raiders should go at least 9-7.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

I disagree. The Raiders will go 7-9. They stand no shot of beating Patriots, Eagles, or the Jets. The Chargers games will be a challenge, and the Chiefs have improved. I look for them to routinely put up 24+ points, but still lose by a TD or more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast