Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/25)

MLB ERA
    i'm gunna go figure out whats up with my net...then go review some stat sheets or something
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    bipster ripped it up today fellas. But the rookie was not far off. A little time in and you all will be calling me the champion!
    [Mute] He gone! -gen

Out of Bounds is next.. people get ready.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Its..Out of Bounds!

Out of Bounds is here, safe and unharmed. The same can't be said of Danica Patrick, who crashed her car in a race this weekend, finished 19th (her worst of the season) AND is being attacked by fellow teammates, outraged over her having her own table for autographs and the other 4 teammates being stuck with only one table between them. So..they boycotted the autograph signings. Guys, what's your take on Danica's problems with fellow teammates? Around the Horn to Bipstah.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    They are acting like stupid little boys, that are mad when the girl comes in and steals the toy. Danica has been more popular than those 4 combined, granted she isn't as good a driver yet but they should be thankful that she is going to make them more money in the long run. It is like the Tiger Woods effect. Danica is drawing more race fans to the track, granted it is more on looks than on talent, but regardless fellas more fans= more sponsorships which equals more green lining your pockets. To steal a line from the PTI......fellas "shut your trap"

++++ Well said, you drunk bastard.

Redsr?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think they have a right to be upset. Yes, she is a star in the making and she does have the media's attention in being the woman race car driver, but should she allow herself to get those type of priviledges? If you are apart of a team, you create each teamate as an equal. Even if you do not like one another, you are there to help eachother achieve one thing, one common goal, and that is winning. She has to get past the fame and put herself on the same level as everyone else on her team. High and mighty could be the new rising stars status right about now.

++++ Even though racing is not a team sport, she should look out for her teammates, and she has not done that this year at all.

Guybrush?

Rookie ERA
    Who cares? Its car racing, far and away the most boring "sport" today. Why are these guys getting mad though? They are probably making a lot more money with her on the team.

Who cares? Tim Cowlishaw cares! No points for you!

*HOOOORN*

Well, the votes are in and guybrush is out like disco. Any last words?

Rookie ERA
    Peace

[Mute] Yougone! -gen

Looks like it's an all-rookie final!

Showdown time..two men enter, one man pulls out just enough for the win.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    HaHa here we go Bip!

First topic...Curtis Schilling..again. He now says he wants to start, but Terry Francona says he'll be used out of the pen for now. So..when does Schill get to start? Around the Horn to Bipstah.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Schilling will start by Mid August, it isn't a mere coincidence that on the day that Schilling said he was ready to start that the BoSox signed their first round draft pick Craig Hansen to a major league deal worth 4 million over 4 years. When the draft was over, he was one of the 2 pitchers that was said he would be ready to pitch in the majors this year. Hansen was 3-2 with 14svs and a 1.68 era for St Johns last year and I would suspect the Sox will let him work like the Reds let Wagner pitch in the minors his first year as a pro (for about 2 weeks). On top of that, Foulke is starting to recover from his knee surgery and will be back before expected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast