Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/25)

MLB ERA
    from answers.com:
    In sports, the term dynasty may refer to a team that enjoys a period of dominance over the sport, generally gauged via championship titles.
    buy.
    Lance totally falls in line with that...I mean cycling is a hard sport, especially in the tour de france. To bike across the alps, pyrenees, and to dominate it 7 times in a row? I would totally consider that a dynasty. I know theres going to be some people in here that are going to say "oh well i mean the pats are a dynasty, the 60's celtics were a dynasty, blah blah blah" well they are, but dynastys don't happen in just team sports. a person can be a dynasty too.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

It's a bicycle race dude. No matter how you put it..it's still a bicycle race.

+++

Guybrush?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Buy. He has won seven in a row. That is a feat by itself, but to do it after battling cancer?! Id say he is definately the best "dynasty" ever.

+++...but it's still a bicycle race.

Bipster, my drunk friend?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    You HAVE to buy this. He won the Tour 7 straight years after coming back from cancer. The most anybody else won was six and none of the others like Indurain et al, did it in succession. The proof is in the pudding, "the Tour" never allows the winner to address the crowd on the day of the win.....until this year. Even more so, the French, who always thought Armstrong was a robot cheered him during that speech (even though it wasn't a farewell speech for the history books). The real question is, who is the next American to "cycle" with the torch. Will it be Armstrongs former teammate and lifelong riding buddy George Hincapie, or the 6th place finsher Levi Leipheimer, maybe 9th place finsher Floyd Landis or even Bobby Julich. One thing is for sure.....it won't be American Guido Trenti who finished a "mere" 3 hours and 46 minutes behind. Live Strong Lance Live Strong

+++

[Mute] to all but Redsr. This is a ****ing Bicycle race! BICYCLES! YOU RIDE A BICYCLE! IT TAKES NO SKILL! ENDURANCE IS NOT A SKILL!

Next topic, sheesh! I am contractually obliged to talk about Larry Brown once a show. So..Stephon Marbury allegedly called Brown asking him to join the Knicks. Larry's kids are wearing Knicks jerseys. He met with Herb Williams today. Buy or sell Brown to NY as a done deal, guybrush?

Rookie ERA
    Buy. All the signs are pointing there. The team obiviously wants him there as does the front office. I dont think it is as good a fit as Detroit, but he should do well.

+++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    All answers point to yes. His agent said once he gets involved, it will be a go. His kids are wearing NYK jerseys. It seems like the only thing he's worried about right now, thats keeping him from his decision is taking williams job. but hell if i were offered that much money i'd be in that coaches chair faster than you could imagine.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++ although you never said the magic word.

Bipstah?

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    BUY. It has long since been a done deal, even before Brown was bought out by the Pistons. I mean, there is a reason why Isiah (not Isisah) Thomas wouldn't name a permanent head coach. There was a reason that Larry Brown conveniently had a meeting and an offer on the table just days after the "buyout" and there is a reason why Brown is breaking bread with interim coach Herb Williams to offer him a spot on the bench for next year. Brown, a native of the Bronx, proclaimed the Knicks job as his "dream job" a couple months ago, he just recently said that Thomas and the organization would have to win over his family. The next day, a couple of gift baskets was on the doorstep of the Brown household. Obviously, Thomas sent the kids jerseys, amongst other things. Just one thing LB, instead of just teaching basketball the "right way", do the right thing and honor this whole contract and then retire.

++++ Bipster, dominant as he should be.

Redsr, finish off buy or sell with a bang.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Finally a question that I don't care about. Buy. It is his "dream job." Not only is Brown going to coach the Knicks, but he is going to make the Knicks finally learn how to play ball. With a 33-49 record to land a last place finish last season, the Knicks need all the help they can get. And so what if brown was not looked at as a great coach in the Olympics, he has proven that he can get the job done without the biggest stars in the game being on his roster. Good luck to Brown and the Knicks next season!

+++ Clean sweep with the buys.

I Buy Buy or Sell being OVER. Tally time.

Tally time!

Bipster in the lead with a cool 19, followed by Redsrbetter and guybrush, both of whom have 16. The lowman today is ghetto, with a measley 14. last words?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast