Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/22)

Again...we talk about everyone's favorite contact sport: Cycling. And when I mean Cycling, I mean Tour de France. Or Tour de Lance, because we're only going to talk about him. With him having #7 in the bag, and 7 in a row..how great of an athlete is Armstrong? Around the Horn to Slyder.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I know I am going to probably get shunned for this but it takes a much better athlete to bike up the Alps, Pyrrannes, and the country of France than most sports. Also takes a very resiliant person not to tell the French to take a long walk off a short pier. The accomplishments and athleticism of Lance Armstrong rate right up there with the greatest physical accomplishments and athletes ever.

Also before someone says "Steroids" No other athlete is more tested than Lance. They have been trying for years to get him on something and have yet to do so.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

++++

France did try to get him expelled for using a substance known to Americans as "toothpaste" and another cream applied on the skin known as "soap" but that's another story.

Cincy? Please don't take a century.

Lance is a great athlete.. one of my favorite overall actually.

He has shown great skill and ability in many aspects. He has overcome a lot of hardships such as cancer and injuries.

If there was a list of top 5 athletes in general, I know for a fact Lance would be on that list.

+++

Well, look at the bright side: while Cincy was typing, I translated the 6 Harry Potter books into Etruscan and then back into Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    I live in Allen, Texas. Lance is from Plano, Texas...which is basically 10 seconds away from me as i live on the allen/plano border. As you can imagine, every time when i turn on the 10 oclock news i hear stories about how Lance is doing.

Lance is no doubt a motivational athlete. To overcome cancer, and then win 7! SEVEN! SIETE! tour's in a row. to do that, and be tested 5 times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, during the race, and while he's on the john, and pass them all, thats a lot of guts.

He is a great athlete, with out a doubt. To say he's the greatest athlete since jackie robinson, as baldy said on todays show of ATH, is obsurd.

Take it in Lance, this will be your most memoriable. Probably mine too, as this will be all i'll hear about for 6 weeks straight.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

++++

Good answers from all. Thank god no one followed von Plaschke and compared him to Jackie Robinson.

Tally time:

Cincy:13
    Porter:-2756
    Slyder:17
    Ghetto:13

Well...Cincy gets a delay of game [MUTE], so he gone.

Showdown time...where two men enter and one man bids sayonara....HOOORN

First topic: The D-Train, who is strug-ga-ling! His ERA has jumped a full run in his last 10 starts. There have been talks, albeit silly, of sending him down. Tonight's game against the Giants, he has a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 1st. Is this a must-win for him? Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    For the team yes as the Marlins try to flop their way back into the wild card race, presently 5 game behind the Nats with Houston, Mets, and Phillies ahead of them and the Cubs tied with them. To say any game is a must win for a player is stupid.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Ghettochild? Will you be brave enough to face the challenge?

MLB ERA
    The Marlins have been the biggest flop of the NL-East this season. To have such a good staff and be last in the NLE has to be dissapointing.

This is a must win for Willis, seeing as not only does he have to show his worth of this season, but he also has to show that he isn't just a first-half pitcher. he has a 3.15 ERA in the first half and a 4.30 ERA Post-ASB.

Ghetto bringing out the stats, point to you.

Next up: the ChiS0x. Was Joe Crede's Dropped Ball and Manny's next-pitch Homerun a sign of things to come for the White s0x? Perhaps a little Sheecago black magic? 3 straight losses for the Chisox. Are they in trouble or is this simply a bad run which will turn around? Speaking of around, around the horn to Ghetto.

MLB ERA
    Some would say last night would be the demise, but they are up 8-2 on the "bos0x" right now. Ozzie knows how to manage his team and theres nothing he can't do to turn this team around. Its nothing to worry about.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast