Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (7/22)

+++

Slyder, my dear, it's your turn to banter.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I gotta sell this. Giambi is still the 13 million dollar man and this is still the same Yankees that are 3-7 vs Tampa. The team is old and getting older as they grasp for anything to try and stay afloat (Leiter with a 6.25 ERA starting tonight). Regardless of how well or bad Giambi does he will still be one of the first blamed this team returns to the slide theyve been in twice before this season.

And also the only time Giambi and the Bambino should be mentioned in the same breath is when talking about guys who played for the Yankees and not nicknames.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

+++

However, [MUTE] to everyone but Cincy for selling. Giambi has a .438 OBP, his best since 2001, when he had an OBP of .473 and his WSP is 0.892, ahead of guys like Sweeney, Texeira and Kevin Millar.

Next up, The Oakland Athletics...beat the Rangers yesterday, took 2 outta 3 from the Angels of the Western Hemisphere, all the while being led by the "washed up" Barry Zito, who, oh by the way, is 5-0 in his past 5 starts. So...who's buying the A's into the playoffs? Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    8-2 in their last 10, harden is pitching, zito is pitching...how could you not buy this.

like i said in last times show, harden is ace material. 2.11 ERA, 56 HA in 85IP. He also has a 7.80 K/9 while zito only has a 6.23 K/9, and harden also gives up less hits, 5.91/9 to 7.80/9.

Harden-Zito is a great 1-2 punch, which is what you need to win postseason games. Offense wins games, but pitching wins championchips.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++++ Nicely done. Very nice.

Porter?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    BUY! They are led by Harden and Zito. But why arent you giving Danny Haren or Joe Blanton some love. These four pitchers have allowed less than a hit per inning. They have clicked even since Bobby Crosby came back. They went from having a guy that didnt want the ball (Dotel) to a guy that cant wait to have the ball (Street) as the closer. I think this team could go deep into the postseason with Harden and Zito. Also Bobby Kietly has been red hot since starting with a near .100 batting average. I think they will steal the wild card, with an outside chance of the Division.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

++++

Cincy?

While we're young, please.

Buy! This is a no doubter...

The A's are the hottest team in baseball right now. They are not only in the Wild Card hunt, but they are closing in on the Angels. The A's have had similar slow starts in recent years. They are a team that strides in the second half. Their pitching has really come around and I could see Billy Beane adding a bat before the July 31st trading deadline.

So AL teams, watch out for the RED-HOT A's!

Finally. ++++

Lastly, Slyder, Finish this ***** off.

MLB ERA
    I'll try to keep the show going.

I am going to buy also, The Oakland A's are living proof that pitching wins in MLB still. They have the lowest team ERA in baseball, 4th in the league in whip, top staff in batting average against about .242, 2nd in OPS against.

Quietly the Oakland Offense has been better than what people thought being 14th in the league in runs scored. Beane Ball working well so far. I too see them making a play for another at bat and that would make them very hard to beat for the Wild Card but Anaheim err Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim still is the favorite to win the division.

Oakland will win the Wild Card and will represent themselves well. And people will continue to say Beane Ball works.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Very good Slyder, very good. +++++

However, EVERYONE gets 3 [Mute]. I ask you this: how many playoff series has Moneyball won? How many? Z-e-r-o! ZERO! NONE! ZIP! NADA! ZILCH! NOT APPLICABLE!

Buy or sell is SOLD. After 2 rounds in the books, the standings look like this:

Cincy-10
    Porter-9
    Slyder-13
    Ghetto-10

We need to drop some dead weight, and the lone man is...Porter! Any last words? Oh wait...YOU GONE!

Out of Bounds is...now.

Today we talk about everyone's favorite contact sport: Cycling. And when I mean Cycling, I mean Tour de France. Or Tour de Lance, because we're only going to talk about him. With him having #7 in the bag, and 7 in a row..how great of an athlete is Armstrong? Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i have some nice words.......i got war and peace done.

[Mute][Mute][Mute][Mute][Mute][Mute][Mute[Mute][Mute][Mute][Mute]

You're in negatives for Monday's show.-Gen
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast