Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn! (First Three Episodes)

Cincy has 14, Husker 12, Guybrush 11...you gone. Any last words?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Rigged!!

Well, the SHOWDOWN is set: CincyRedsFan against Huskerfan.

1st topic: The red-hot White s0x, who won yesterday 1-0 and are leading 6-1 at last check today. If they hold on, they'll be 59-29. What do you see the White s0x doing in the playoffs? Husker, go ahead.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I see the White Sox go all the way. Their hitting is spectacular and their pitching is the best in the majors. You know the world famous slang, "Pitching wins championships." You must believe in that if they win a CHAMPIONSHIP in the city of Chicago.

Cincy, your response?

MLB ERA
    I see the White Sox getting to the World Series, but then choking in typical Chicago style. Their pitching is the best in the AL, but their offense is only 11th in baseball and they trail the CARDS in team ERA. I think the Cards will beat them in the World Series due to a combo. of better hitting and slightly better, more playoff experienced pitching.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Husker makes a good argument...but Cincy brings up the ~200 years of combined losing in Chicago. Point to Cincy.

The Astros are surging again, somewhat similar to last year. There have even been talks of them getting Adam Dunn of the Reds. On the other hand, the Orioles are falling, fast. Who goes farther this year, playoff-wise? Cincy, you're up.

MLB ERA
    I'm not sure if either team will make the playoffs, but I think the Astros have a better chance of making it. As mentioned before, good pitching usually beats good hitting, and the Astros have much better pitching than the O's do. Their lineup isn't great, but how can you ever discount a lineup with Berkman and Biggio in it?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Good question. Whatcha got, Husker?

AAA ERA
    The Astros has the better shot. The Cardinals have basically taken over the NL Central and even though the Cubs are 2-0 so far after the break, I'm not convinced they will go far. Everyone needs to stay healthy for the Astros and make a cinderella run at the end.

The key to winning is health, just ask the Yankees. Point to Husker.

Finally...the new Harry Potter book comes out tomorrow...kids and adults alike all over the world are going nucking futs. Some uber-religious factions are whining about witchcraft, corruption of youth, etc. So, Harry Potter...good or bad? Around the Horn to Husker.

AAA ERA
    Harry Potter is safe for all groups of people so its all good. I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan, but if I was bored beyond belief and the internet wasn't even invented, I'd pick up a Potter book and read next to a fireplace.

Cincy, going for the win..

MLB ERA
    I say that Harry Potter is good too. It's not like it's got stuff in it you'd see on HBO late at night or something. It's innocent fun. It's not like it encourages everyone who reads it to turn into a witch or anything. The books actually have some good lessons and morals in them, and aren't full of a ton of bad language, so things could definitely be much, much worse.

The winner is....

CincyRedsFan30! Congrats on the inaugural win! You get the last word.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast