Thread: Pistons say no to Rondo and Ray Allen

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Attention! Pistons say no to Rondo and Ray Allen

The Celtics offered Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo to the Detroit Pistons for a package that included Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Boston general manager Danny Ainge and Detroit’s Joe Dumars never spoke, but rather the Celtics had a lower-level executive make the pitch to a Pistons official over the past weekend, league sources said. Detroit immediately rejected the idea, and it never advanced to the two top executives speaking about particulars.

For the Pistons, this deal makes little sense, unless they wanted to let Allen’s expiring deal gain even more salary cap space for the free-agent class of 2010. The idea of trading his three best returners for an expiring contract and one good young player wasn’t worth considering for Dumars, sources said.
    Dumars must be feeling too burned by the Iverson acquisition to trade for another 34-year old star.

MLB ERA

Re: Pistons say no to Rondo and Ray Allen

That would have been a hell of a trade. Woulda changed the face of the franchises, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As stated, it would have been a steal by the Celtics. 3 good players for 1, eventually?

Pierce-Garnett-Perkins-Hamilton-Stuckey, Prince 6th man

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

wait a minute this happened today? i dont believe it. rondo, albeit jumpshot allergic, is a damned solid court general and a great defender. rodney stuckey at his best, will be jamal crawford... which is 2 or 3 years away, unto itself. not sure what joe dumars is thinking about, although looking back on some previous decisions by joe, i suppose im not surprised.

as for the other pieces, allen and hamilton are downright ancient, and prince is a nice help defender, but more or less shows no other worthwhile skills other than that and length.

MLB ERA

Apparently the Pistons were/are going to offer Ben Gordon an 11-mil per contract too.

whether this specific rumor is true or not, I figure it's only a matter of time before the Celtics do trade Rondo and/or Allen. I'd just assume they would prefer to keep Rondo, but there's gotta be something to the fact that he's appearing in every trade speculation that has to do with the Celtics (he's been in nearly every Allen rumor I've seen to this point).

You gotta figure one or both are going somewhere before the draft. Celtics don't have a pick in the top-50, either, which leads me to believe if there is going to be a deal, it'll be to pick up a pick in the process as well.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat