Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tourney Thread

MLB ERA

Re: NCAA Tourney Thread

I want Gonzaga to put up a "dog" fight against UNC!!!!!! Go Zags go!!!!!!!!!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    You're right about Marquette, completely spaced my mind that they switched into the BE. But the point remains that the Big East was significantly better this year and has just as much history as the ACC, because yes, the ACC may have more FF's and Championships, but the ACC was founded 26 years earlier....

Not to mention the ACC founded in 1953 with 12 teams, the Big East was founded in 1979 with 7 teams....and didn't hit 12 until like 1990.

Betetr this year? Yep, that has been proven. Just as much history? Not even close. All the #s I posted were from 1980 on so the BE was playing during that time, I never brough up pre-1980 and the ACC #s destroy the BE's #s.

The ACC had 8 teams in the 80s, didn't get a 9th until 1992 and didn't expand beyond 9 until 2005.

The BE started w/ 7 but had 9 by 1982 so by '82 they alreayd had more teams than the ACC, had 11 by '91 and 14 by 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    I could still win if Pitt wins it all lol.

**** It.

Go Cuse blow out Oklahoma. (Hell is freezing over)
    Pitt is surviving but they are not playing well. If they play like they have and 'Nova plays like they have 'Nova will wiun easily.

I have 3 of my FF teams still alive- UNC, 'Nova and Mich State.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Betetr this year? Yep, that has been proven. Just as much history? Not even close. All the #s I posted were from 1980 on so the BE was playing during that time, I never brough up pre-1980 and the ACC #s destroy the BE's #s.

The ACC had 8 teams in the 80s, didn't get a 9th until 1992 and didn't expand beyond 9 until 2005.

The BE started w/ 7 but had 9 by 1982 so by '82 they alreayd had more teams than the ACC, had 11 by '91 and 14 by 1995.
    The ACC had Clemson, Duke, Maryland, UNC, NC State Wake Forest, South Carolina and UVA in 1953. They added Georgia Tech in 1978. That's 9 before the BE even formed. Not to mention the thievery of BC, Va Tech, and Miami which took away depth and although it got us Marquette and Louisville, it also added Depaul, Cincy, and USF. Final Fours and Championships only show part of the story. Georgetown, Cuse, St Johns, UConn, and even Seton Hall were very talented teams for much of history. The Big East has a LOT of history that you're discounting.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Pitt is surviving but they are not playing well. If they play like they have and 'Nova plays like they have 'Nova will wiun easily
    Pitt might not be winning in the greatest of fashion. But I wouldn't discount them vs Nova. They are a better matchup that Duke will ever be at any point of this season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Pitt and Nova know each other pretty well. It won't be an easy game for either team....I look forward to that matchup.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nova has already beaten Pitt this year. If Nova plays like they did last night, Pitt's in big, big trouble. I have Nova beating them.

Louisville, UConn, Nova and UNC in my Final Four.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Nova has already beaten Pitt this year. If Nova plays like they did last night, Pitt's in big, nig trouble. I have Nova beating them.

You should probably change that typo before someone gets offended
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Nova has already beaten Pitt this year. If Nova plays like they did last night, Pitt's in big, nig trouble. I have Nova beating them.

This isn't a "home" game for Nova and Pitt is better than Duke. Hell even Texas could have given a better game than Duke last night.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    You should probably change that typo before someone gets offended
    Changed!!!!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    The ACC had Clemson, Duke, Maryland, UNC, NC State Wake Forest, South Carolina and UVA in 1953. They added Georgia Tech in 1978. That's 9 before the BE even formed. Not to mention the thievery of BC, Va Tech, and Miami which took away depth and although it got us Marquette and Louisville, it also added Depaul, Cincy, and USF. Final Fours and Championships only show part of the story. Georgetown, Cuse, St Johns, UConn, and even Seton Hall were very talented teams for much of history. The Big East has a LOT of history that you're discounting.
    1953 has nothing to do w/ the comparison as I always compare the conf's sicne the BE was formed and just a few years fter the BE was formed they already had more teams than the ACC and have ever since.

UL & marquette make the BE a better basketball conf than BC, Miami and VT. Those guys were stolen for football and so far they haven't really helped the ACC football wise.

GU was greaty in the 80s and had a couple of good years in the 90s and 00s. SJU was great in the 80s and had a couple of good years in the 90s, SH had a couple of good years in the 80s and '00s. FFs do tell the story and 5 in almost 20 years is pathetic for a big conference especially a conf w/ the # of teams the BE has had. In the last 20 years UConn has been an elite program, SU has been on the cusp of elite but even w/ them you honly have 5 FFs since 1980.

I am not discounting any BE history but 90% of it was in the 80s when it was legitmately great on an almost annual basis. We haven't seen that since, they have had some good years here and there but haven't been consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Pitt might not be winning in the greatest of fashion. But I wouldn't discount them vs Nova. They are a better matchup that Duke will ever be at any point of this season.
    I'm not discounting Pitt bnut they have been playing very tight. They could play loose today w/ the Sweet 16 pressure off much like KU last year in the FF but '
    nova is playing really well right now. it should be a good game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Louisville absolutely whipped the shit out of the Arizona Wildcats!!! They are on a mission!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry Porter!! Nova wins a great game!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Villanova wins!!! One of the greatest NCAA Tournament games of all time!!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Villanova wins!!! One of the greatest NCAA Tournament games of all time!!
    Is this 1985?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

My Cards are out of it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast