Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers Win #6

MLB ERA

Re: Steelers Win #6

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    You want to eliminate that completely? That's a horrible idea.

And honestly, I saw one or two calls that I was upset with...yet people are *****ing like this was the worst officiated game they've ever seen. There will never be a perfectly-officiated game. Get over it.
    You won't ever get a perfectly officiated game.. you're right

And I also stated they got a lot of calls right... including repeated holding penalties on the LG of the Cards....

But you can call it equal and consistent... if you're gonna ticky-tac one side, you ticky-tac the other.... this did not happen... which makes it, by definition, a badly officiated game
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Wilson did not deck him... you fell for an acting job that was about as bad as Paulie Shore doing Hamlet
    You're right, he didn't deck him.

...but he shoved the punter to the ground. THE PUNTER! He clearly pushed him over...in a game that's being called pretty tight, you don't shove over the punter. A beyond retarded play by Wilson.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why? Why would that be a horrible idea? If not eliminate it, then modify the shit out of it! A guy is running full speed at a QB and hits him a second after the ball is thrown and that's roughing the passer? Get ****ing real man! That's football!! Stay off the field if you can't handle it. Too many rules protecting players now and it makes me want to puke. The "man's" game is becoming a pussy game! T.O. breaks a leg and they outlaw the tackle that caused it. Troy Aikman gets a concussion and defenders can no longer touch a QB in the head. It is ****ing pathetic how the NFL goes about their rules.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Wilson did not deck him... you fell for an acting job that was about as bad as Paulie Shore doing Hamlet
    Wilson's lowered shoulder crushed a kneeling and defenseless Berger. Was it as bad as he acted? No. But it was a hard enough shot that Wilson got penalized for it. Not only that, but how about we stop *****ing, because the penalty ended up costing NOTHING. The Steelers only got a FG anyway.

And honestly, I saw one or two calls that I was upset with...yet people are *****ing like this was the worst officiated game they've ever seen. There will never be a perfectly-officiated game. Get over it.
    I agree completely. It was a decent officiated game, in the end, the Steelers earned the win. End of story.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Why? Why would that be a horrible idea? If not eliminate it, then modify the shit out of it! A guy is running full speed at a QB and hits him a second after the ball is thrown and that's roughing the passer? Get ****ing real man! That's football!! Stay off the field if you can't handle it. Too many rules protecting players now and it makes me want to puke. The "man's" game is becoming a pussy game! T.O. breaks a leg and they outlaw the tackle that caused it. Troy Aikman gets a concussion and defenders can no longer touch a QB in the head. It is ****ing pathetic how the NFL goes about their rules.
    Removing the roughing the passer penalty would be one of the dumbest things the NFL could possibly do. It is just asking for D linemen to tear the heads off the most important player on the field. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say LTR. Yes they sometimes call it a bit early, and I don't like it. But to eliminate would be one of the stupidest things ever. It's a necessary rule to keep sanity on the defensive linemen and backers
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry if I want toughness brought back to football. Isn;t the D line supposed to be trying to rip the QBs head off?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123