14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hasheem Thabeet

6 42.86%
  • Luke Harangody

3 21.43%
  • Tyler Hansbrough

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which big man would you rather have?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Which big man would you rather have?

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    If Hansbrough is such a marginally talented player then why is he considered the best college basketball player in the country? Why give Troy Smith the Heisman if he can't even measure up to Trent Edwards as a pro?
    Dude, he's white, he takes charges, and he throws and receives elbows. He's God, for college.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i only read/care about 1mock draft... the one on nbadraft.net. irrelevant to thepoint, his athleticism isdownright absurd, and although nbadraft.net overrates him, hes clearly better than the 3 schmucks you listed. but hey, it still helps that i actually watch a game or two here and there... but you can chastise me and make believe i dont thats ok.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

By the way, Len Bias is still the greatest big man of all time. Go ahead and name me one player today who has the same combination of a killer jump shot, strong moves to the glass, thunderous dunks, and the ability to play with his back to the basket.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and an awesome ability to sniff massive amounts of coke. thats his best quality as far as im concerned.

MLB ERA

Thabeet translates to the NBA the best.

League moves a lot faster.

AAA ERA

I don't think any of the 3 will be big time NBA players, I do think hansbrough will be a great role player while the other 2 will be bench players. Thabeet is as overrated as it gets and will be just as mediocre in the NBA as he is in college. he'll block some shots but that's about it. Harangody has the best all around offensive game and I think has the highest ceiling but hansbrough is relentless and b/c of that his actual skill is underrated. he's going to be better than alot of people think, not great but a good, solid NBA player.

MLB ERA

I completely disagree. His being relentless and tenacious and hard working OVERRATE his skill. People think he's amazing when it's just that he works harder than everyone else. Hansbrough does not have NEARLY the raw talent of half the players in the NBA, and despite his hard work and energy, he will not be more than a 6th or 7th man. Thabeet, with training, can be a dominant NBA center. That's much more potential than Hansbrough has.

Although, I can't say I'm shocked that you picked Hansbrough.

MLB ERA

Thabeet is the one that's overrated in this group. He dominates mediocre teams and gets dominated against anybody of significance
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    So did you formulate that on your own, or did the 200 plus mock drafts sway your opinion.
    I mean, if he's watched Oklahoma at least once this season, which I'm assuming he has...it's not that hard to figure out...

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think any of the 3 will be big time NBA players, I do think hansbrough will be a great role player while the other 2 will be bench players. Thabeet is as overrated as it gets and will be just as mediocre in the NBA as he is in college. he'll block some shots but that's about it. Harangody has the best all around offensive game and I think has the highest ceiling but hansbrough is relentless and b/c of that his actual skill is underrated. he's going to be better than alot of people think, not great but a good, solid NBA player.
    I agree with the first part of your statement - I think Hansbrough has a definite spot in the NBA - but I don't understand how you can say Thabeet is mediocre...especially in college! Watch UConn play...the man is 3rd in the country in blocks...and that's despite opponents working away from the paint because they know what a force he is. I think he has the highest ceiling without any question at all of this group.

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I completely disagree. His being relentless and tenacious and hard working OVERRATE his skill. People think he's amazing when it's just that he works harder than everyone else. Hansbrough does not have NEARLY the raw talent of half the players in the NBA, and despite his hard work and energy, he will not be more than a 6th or 7th man. Thabeet, with training, can be a dominant NBA center. That's much more potential than Hansbrough has.

Although, I can't say I'm shocked that you picked Hansbrough.
    I agree that Thabeet has more potential but I think you're a bit off on Hansbrough here...his tenacity, intensity, and the fact that he works as hard as anyone in the game is going to make sure he has a place on a team...now he may be no more than a 6th or 7th man, but I do think his skills are overlooked a bit because his tenacity is his best aspect...not a bad thing at all though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Thabeet is the one that's overrated in this group. He dominates mediocre teams and gets dominated against anybody of significance

I can go all the way back to...UConn's last game for this one. Thabeet had 9 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 blocks at Notre Dame, in the Irish's first home loss in 46 games. Luke Harangody had 24 points...while taking 23 shots. That's getting dominated?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

9 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 blocks is nothing incredible, please. he only has the blocks because of his size, not because he's good. ND isn't anything spectacular this year, so he had a mediocre game. Here are his games this year against good teams:

vs. Georgetown (loss): 4 points, 7 rebounds, 7 blocks
    @ Gonzaga (win): 9 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block
    @ Wisconsin (win): 9 points, 1 rebound, 3 blocks
    @ Notre Dame (win): 9 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks
    @ West Virginia (win): 13 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks
    vs. Nova (win): 10 points, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks

That is a dominating resume?? And most of those teams aren't even top tier teams. Wait until he gets to the later rounds of the NCAA tournament (if they don't get upset, which I don't see happening). He sucks in the clutch. Like...REALLY sucks

Jose Canseco injected me Buckcheeks's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Hansborough no question. Thabeet sucks in the big game, and Harangody has a bad shooting percentage. Psycho T can do it all.
    That's what they said about Michael Beasley, though.
    LeagueTeamGM Recordcurrent seasondivisionWCLDSLCSWSYears active
    TBSLHouston Astros78-842011000002010-Present

MLB ERA

Well...yes, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean that everyone with the same strengths as Michael Beasley will have the same results.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I agree that Thabeet has more potential but I think you're a bit off on Hansbrough here...his tenacity, intensity, and the fact that he works as hard as anyone in the game is going to make sure he has a place on a team...now he may be no more than a 6th or 7th man, but I do think his skills are overlooked a bit because his tenacity is his best aspect...not a bad thing at all though.
    That's my point. I'm not saying Hansbrough won't be a good role player, I think he'll be a pretty good 6th or 7th man, my point is that Thabeet has the potential to be a star, something Hansbrough doesn't (in my opinion).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

nobody thought david lee would be an all star out of florida either... and all he had was tenacity, intensity, athleticsm and hustle with no real ascernable nba skills. not to say hansbrough is david lee... but if he has the work ethic that dave has, dont see why he couldnt be down the road. of course, not many guys in the league have the work ethic of dave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast