Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Basketball

AAA ERA

Re: Orange Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    PS:

Guess that last part was wrong. Devo won't be gone for the year. That'll certainly make our job easier.

You're right, we didn't make the tourney last year or the year before, but ya know what? Last year, we were missing more than just Devo. We were missing Rautins. Josh Wright quit on the team. Scoop Jardine was playing hurt. We were down to 7 players active. Now we have depth, we have defensive minded players, and we have much more talent. This team is MUCH better than last year's as proven by the big wins over Florida, Kansas, and now Memphis.

A loss to Cleveland State won't help, but I don't buy that it hurts as bad as you seem to think. No team is gonna win every game. But, when you beat Florida, Kansas, and Memphis, you get leeway, because you EARNED leeway. This team is damn good, and you know it. We still need to play the way we're capable and take care of business in the Big East schedule(and against Coppin State on monday), but I'd say we're in pretty good shape.
    It's BS that Devendorf is back but having that punk will certainly help SU.

Florida, Kansas and memphis are NICE wins but none of those teams is as good as the name on their jerseys sugest. SU is a lock right now, barring falling on their face in the BE they will make the tourney and get a decent seed but let's not pretend you beat Kansas and Memphis of '07-'08 or the Championship Gators. None of those 3 teams are ranked right now in the AP poll only memphis is ranked in the Coaches poll and they are #23. Nice wins, but let's not make them a bigger deal than they are.

SU is good, damn good is overstating it a bit. They have done a good job this year and they are a tourney lock barring a complete collapse in BE play and w/ the BE not looking as strong as we all thought heading into this year I'd be shocked if they struggled in BE play.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's BS that Devendorf is back but having that punk will certainly help SU.

Florida, Kansas and memphis are NICE wins but none of those teams is as good as the name on their jerseys sugest. SU is a lock right now, barring falling on their face in the BE they will make the tourney and get a decent seed but let's not pretend you beat Kansas and Memphis of '07-'08 or the Championship Gators. None of those 3 teams are ranked right now in the AP poll only memphis is ranked in the Coaches poll and they are #23. Nice wins, but let's not make them a bigger deal than they are.

SU is good, damn good is overstating it a bit. They have done a good job this year and they are a tourney lock barring a complete collapse in BE play and w/ the BE not looking as strong as we all thought heading into this year I'd be shocked if they struggled in BE play.
    The Big East may not be as good as you thought going in, but you're gonna tell me that UConn, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Louisville, Pitt, Nova, and Marquette aren't good teams? It's still a scary conference, and still probably the best in the country.

PS: I don't give a **** whether Memphis is that good. The committee will see that they won 56 out of 58 HOME games. We then BEAT them in Memphis. That's a pretty big win. This is a damn good team.

How is it BS that Devo is back? Are you saying he shouldn't be able to appeal an unfair decision? There was no evidence to back the girl, she had no case, he got a more fair decision the second time around.

MLB ERA

Devo is a punk but the girl had no proof whatsoever. The state court saw that but the judicial affairs committee failed to for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I agree he's a punk, but when you can't prove he did anything(ie: she had no witnesses, he had 4 supporting him), you're innocent until proven guilty. They couldn't prove him guilty. End of story, at least here in the US.

AAA ERA

The Big East may not be as good as you thought going in, but you're gonna tell me that UConn, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Louisville, Pitt, Nova, and Marquette aren't good teams? It's still a scary conference, and still probably the best in the country.

PS: I don't give a **** whether Memphis is that good. The committee will see that they won 56 out of 58 HOME games. We then BEAT them in Memphis. That's a pretty big win. This is a damn good team.

How is it BS that Devo is back? Are you saying he shouldn't be able to appeal an unfair decision? There was no evidence to back the girl, she had no case, he got a more fair decision the second time around.

The BE looked like it had 3-4 dominant teams but they don't. They have a bunch of good teams and Su is one of them but only UConn would be considered damn good.

If Devendorf was a regular student he would have been kicked out of school. The guy is a punk and I'm glad my team doesn't recruit players like that. I just bthink SU would be better off w/o him, he's a good player but SU has enough good players to win.

MLB ERA

The BE looked like it had 3-4 dominant teams but they don't. They have a bunch of good teams and Su is one of them but only UConn would be considered damn good.

If Devendorf was a regular student he would have been kicked out of school. The guy is a punk and I'm glad my team doesn't recruit players like that. I just bthink SU would be better off w/o him, he's a good player but SU has enough good players to win.
    First off, Pitt isn't dominant? They're ranked 3rd in the nation and are undefeated. But ok.

You're completely wrong. If you read the news articles on ESPN.com, the girl apparently never even claimed that he hit her. So, since the only thing Devo could be found to have done was "a verbal confrontation", he wouldn't have even been punished if he wasn't well known enough for her to recognize him. So, if you honestly believe that he would have been suspended if he were a regular student, or if he were at another school, you're INCREDIBLY wrong, because no one had evidence he did anything at all. What team is your team? Because he was recruited by Wake Forest, NC State, UNC, Michigan, Michigan State, Louisville, Florida, and Syracuse(and that was just the confirmed recruiting list).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He's a UNC fan, they only acknowledge the ACC as a good conference.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Ah, well he should know that his school apparently DOES recruit players like Devendorf....they recruited Devendorf himself. Sorry dude.

AAA ERA

First off, Pitt isn't dominant? They're ranked 3rd in the nation and are undefeated. But ok.

You're completely wrong. If you read the news articles on ESPN.com, the girl apparently never even claimed that he hit her. So, since the only thing Devo could be found to have done was "a verbal confrontation", he wouldn't have even been punished if he wasn't well known enough for her to recognize him. So, if you honestly believe that he would have been suspended if he were a regular student, or if he were at another school, you're INCREDIBLY wrong, because no one had evidence he did anything at all. What team is your team? Because he was recruited by Wake Forest, NC State, UNC, Michigan, Michigan State, Louisville, Florida, and Syracuse(and that was just the confirmed recruiting list).

Pitt, as usual, has played nobody and they barely escaped w/ a win over an ACC bottom feeder in FSU.

UConn barely escaped Buffalo.

The BE is good this year but overrated. Their teams have not been nearly as impressive as expected in the non-conf but of course they'll beat up on the weak bottom half and everyone will crow how great the BE is.

Why did the student council find him guilty then?

Devendorf was never offered a scholarship, any good staff will look into good players and investigate for themselves whether they'd be a good fit but he wasn't offered a scholarship.

Scout.com: Eric Devendorf Profile

Scout.com: Eric Devendorf Profile

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    He's a UNC fan, they only acknowledge the ACC as a good conference.
    I was actually expecting the BE to have one of the best years for a conf ever. I thought they'd have 4-5 top 10 teams but only UConn has proven anything and they only have 1 good win and struggled to beat Buffalo. The BE is still one of the best but very disappointing where they were expected to be.

MLB ERA

Why did the student council find him guilty then?

Devendorf was never offered a scholarship, any good staff will look into good players and investigate for themselves whether they'd be a good fit but he wasn't offered a scholarship.
    That's what I've been saying, the "student council" is a terrible excuse for a judicial system. It's biased and unfair. I have spoken to two members of the council, neither of whom were involved in this case, but they spoke to other member who were involved in this case. From what I understand, the student council decided they were going to find him guilty prior to hearing the case, because Devo comes off as an ass. The only witnesses were brought forth by Devo, but the council ignored the testimony of the other basketball players(Rick Jackson, Justin Thomas, Paul Harris, and someone else) because "it seemed scripted and biased". Now, they had no reason to believe it was scripted other than "it seemed" that way. Meanwhile, the appeals board found that it was only a verbal confrontation, and the girl's lawyer says that she never claimed he hit her. There's the story.

You're right, he was not offered a scholarship, but ya know what, he was offered scholarships to plenty of schools. He didn't really do much wrong in this case(especially when you consider the girl was underage, drunk, and driving), and if he were a regular student, no one would have given a shit that this happened. So, I think you're judging the guy way to harshly over one incident where the story was full of lies.

MLB ERA

Sometimes I get the feeling that nyjunc's only purpose in life is to be the guy on the forum that futily continues arguments that he has already clearly lost and has nobody backing him up, meanwhile his opponents grow in number and gain evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Christ, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

That's what I've been saying, the "student council" is a terrible excuse for a judicial system. It's biased and unfair. I have spoken to two members of the council, neither of whom were involved in this case, but they spoke to other member who were involved in this case. From what I understand, the student council decided they were going to find him guilty prior to hearing the case, because Devo comes off as an ass. The only witnesses were brought forth by Devo, but the council ignored the testimony of the other basketball players(Rick Jackson, Justin Thomas, Paul Harris, and someone else) because "it seemed scripted and biased". Now, they had no reason to believe it was scripted other than "it seemed" that way. Meanwhile, the appeals board found that it was only a verbal confrontation, and the girl's lawyer says that she never claimed he hit her. There's the story.

You're right, he was not offered a scholarship, but ya know what, he was offered scholarships to plenty of schools. He didn't really do much wrong in this case(especially when you consider the girl was underage, drunk, and driving), and if he were a regular student, no one would have given a shit that this happened. So, I think you're judging the guy way to harshly over one incident where the story was full of lies.
    Why were his teammates calling the girl and asking her to not go forward w/ this? If nothing happened why did they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that nyjunc's only purpose in life is to be the guy on the forum that futily continues arguments that he has already clearly lost and has nobody backing him up, meanwhile his opponents grow in number and gain evidence.
    Show me where I lost? I can't stand when guys don't have opinions and they just attack. They can't counter an argument they just tell you that you are wrong. What was I wrong about? please tell me?

MLB ERA

Why were his teammates calling the girl and asking her to not go forward w/ this? If nothing happened why did they do that?
    I can't speak for them, but my guess would be that they didn't want the distraction. Read the ESPN article, the lawyer for the girl says she never even claimed he hit her. My guess is he was involved in a verbal confrontation which is (apparently) against the student code of conduct, and they didn't want him to have to go to judicial. Just because he didn't hit her doesn't mean that she couldn't bullshit to get him in trouble.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast