Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Basketball

MLB ERA

Re: Orange Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    You must spread more rep before giving it to DirtyKash again.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    You must spread more rep before giving it to DirtyKash again.
    You must not copy Brown before you get respect on the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Florida and Kansas are nice names and still good wins but neither of those teams is very good. SU is still a bubble type team and when Devendorf gets suspended for the year they will have ahard time making the Tourney.
    Both teams are good teams. Both teams have 1 loss(excluding the loss to Syracuse). Both are in good or great conferences, and both will do well enough in their conferences that they will be KEY wins when it comes to tourney time. SU is NOT a bubble team, and Devendorf is a key part of the team, but may not be suspended for the season, we have to wait for the appeal to be completed. However, if we lose Devo, we still have depth, and we will still have a good shot to make the tourney.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Both teams are good teams. Both teams have 1 loss(excluding the loss to Syracuse). Both are in good or great conferences, and both will do well enough in their conferences that they will be KEY wins when it comes to tourney time. SU is NOT a bubble team, and Devendorf is a key part of the team, but may not be suspended for the season, we have to wait for the appeal to be completed. However, if we lose Devo, we still have depth, and we will still have a good shot to make the tourney.

Neither UF or KU are great this year, those are NIVE wins but not great wins. They each have another loss but UF lost to FSU(a bottom rung ACC team)and has not beaten a quality team yet while KU lost to 3-6 UMass and hasn't beaten anyone. They are name programs but they will not be Final Four contenders. SU still has alot of work to do b/c of that awful loss at home last week and Devendorf will likely be suspended so they have a big hill to climb.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They didn't have Devendorf most of last year, so that's not going to be as big a deal. They'll be fine and Kansas and Florida will be at the big dance, thusly making the wins legit.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Thank you Zito. KU and UF will be playing in the tourney. They will do well enough in conference to make it. When you beat a tourney team(especially since you're calling 'Cuse a bubble team), you're going to benefit. When you do it TWICE, you're in damn good shape. Look at any team, they have a bad loss. Duke lost to Michigan. Notre Dame lost to Ohio State, Michigan State lost to Maryland, Marquette lost to Dayton, Louisville lost to Western Kentucky, West Virginia lost to Kentucky, Boston College lost to Saint Louis, Arizona lost to Texas A&M and UAB. I mean, some of these losses may be worse than Cuse's, but most of them are just as bad. I mean, lets be fair, Cleveland State is a decent team. Cuse will be fine.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Cleveland State beat Leo recently.

11/24 vs. LEO W 72-62
    ESPN - Cleveland State College Basketball - Vikings News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - Men's Basketball

Great effort Leo, but just not enough depth.
    I've never been that good at basketball.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cleveland State beat Leo recently.
    Somebody explain to me how it is even legal for a Division I team and a Division II team to play each other and have the result count in their standings.

AAA ERA

They didn't have Devendorf most of last year, so that's not going to be as big a deal. They'll be fine and Kansas and Florida will be at the big dance, thusly making the wins legit.
    Did they make the Tourney last year? Getting Devendorf back was a big deal and losing him again would be an even bigger deal. UF and KU are GOOD teams but they aren't top teams. Those wins will help if SU is on the bubble again but losing to Cleveland State at home sure isn't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Thank you Zito. KU and UF will be playing in the tourney. They will do well enough in conference to make it. When you beat a tourney team(especially since you're calling 'Cuse a bubble team), you're going to benefit. When you do it TWICE, you're in damn good shape. Look at any team, they have a bad loss. Duke lost to Michigan. Notre Dame lost to Ohio State, Michigan State lost to Maryland, Marquette lost to Dayton, Louisville lost to Western Kentucky, West Virginia lost to Kentucky, Boston College lost to Saint Louis, Arizona lost to Texas A&M and UAB. I mean, some of these losses may be worse than Cuse's, but most of them are just as bad. I mean, lets be fair, Cleveland State is a decent team. Cuse will be fine.
    For a change SU has actually played a couple of good teams and they beat them BUT they also lost to Cleveland State at home. That balances out any good those 2 wins over decent, big name programs. You can't compare a top 10 team losing to Michigan, a top 10 team losing to OSU, Mich State losing to an ACC team, Louisville(a top 5-10 team,) loisng. It's not the same, those teams have alot of room to mess up here and there. SU hasn't made the Tourney in 3 years, they have had awful home losses in the non-conf every year and their bubble has rightfully burst come Selection Sunday. The other teams you mentioned had bad losses and they will be bubble teams as well but SU had a chance to have a great non-conf before heading into a tough BE sched(though the BE doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would be).

If they beat Memphis this weekend that makes the non-conf a success, if not they will likely be a bubble team again.

MLB ERA

CLEVELAND STATE IS BETTER THAN YOU REALIZE. THEY WON 21 GAMES LAST YEAR. THEY WON'T BE A TOURNEY TEAM, BUT STOP ACTING LIKE THEY'RE A POS TEAM.

Also, why the hell can't I compare it to Louisville losing to Western Kentucky? 'Cuse was 11, Louisville was 5. Those 6 spots do not give enough room to afford a shitty ass loss, while 'Cuse allegedly can't. Also, Devo has been suspended for now, which says to me that they think his appeal will lessen the suspension to a certain number of games, and they want the next few games to count towards that. So, it sounds like Devo has a shot to play at least towards the second half of the Big East schedule.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ESPN - Eric Devendorf gets reprieve from Syracuse Orange

Well, it's not for the year. Just 6 games. His absence should be a good litmus test to see how this team positions itself.

MLB ERA

HOW BOUT THAT DOUBTERS?!?!?!

The Syracuse Orange, without Eric Devendorf, with Jonny Flynn playing hurt, go IN TO MEMPHIS where the Tigers had won 56 of their last 57 home games coming in to tonight. We beat them. We earned it. All you doubters and Doug Gottlieb followers can take this victory and shove it straight up your ***es. Time to recognize that this Syracuse team DESERVES the credit it's getting.

MLB ERA

PS:

Florida and Kansas are nice names and still good wins but neither of those teams is very good. SU is still a bubble type team and when Devendorf gets suspended for the year they will have ahard time making the Tourney.
    Guess that last part was wrong. Devo won't be gone for the year. That'll certainly make our job easier.

Did they make the Tourney last year? Getting Devendorf back was a big deal and losing him again would be an even bigger deal. UF and KU are GOOD teams but they aren't top teams. Those wins will help if SU is on the bubble again but losing to Cleveland State at home sure isn't going to help.

For a change SU has actually played a couple of good teams and they beat them BUT they also lost to Cleveland State at home. That balances out any good those 2 wins over decent, big name programs. You can't compare a top 10 team losing to Michigan, a top 10 team losing to OSU, Mich State losing to an ACC team, Louisville(a top 5-10 team,) loisng. It's not the same, those teams have alot of room to mess up here and there. SU hasn't made the Tourney in 3 years, they have had awful home losses in the non-conf every year and their bubble has rightfully burst come Selection Sunday. The other teams you mentioned had bad losses and they will be bubble teams as well but SU had a chance to have a great non-conf before heading into a tough BE sched(though the BE doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would be).

If they beat Memphis this weekend that makes the non-conf a success, if not they will likely be a bubble team again.
    You're right, we didn't make the tourney last year or the year before, but ya know what? Last year, we were missing more than just Devo. We were missing Rautins. Josh Wright quit on the team. Scoop Jardine was playing hurt. We were down to 7 players active. Now we have depth, we have defensive minded players, and we have much more talent. This team is MUCH better than last year's as proven by the big wins over Florida, Kansas, and now Memphis.

A loss to Cleveland State won't help, but I don't buy that it hurts as bad as you seem to think. No team is gonna win every game. But, when you beat Florida, Kansas, and Memphis, you get leeway, because you EARNED leeway. This team is damn good, and you know it. We still need to play the way we're capable and take care of business in the Big East schedule(and against Coppin State on monday), but I'd say we're in pretty good shape.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Josh Wright quitting probably helped, to be honest.

But that was a huge win last night.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I didn't like Josh Wright either, but we needed a backup point guard. Jonny never got to sit. I mean, Scoop was a decent player, but he's no point. Other than those two, we didn't have any real guards(not counting walk ons). I mean, Paul had to play shooting guard most nights...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast