Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Kiffin to Syracuse?

MLB ERA

Re: Lane Kiffin to Syracuse?

WV will be nowhere near as good without White and McCoy.

Notre Dame isn't even a Big East school, so get out of the conversation. Charlie Weis is a fat schmuck, a terrible coach, and Notre Dame is on the downturn. Yes, your tradition is great, but if your football team doesn't stop sucking, you won't be getting those super recruits down the road.

Also, open your ****ing eyes, and realize that Marrone has brought in a MLB being recruited by WV and Pitt(committed), a Safety with offers from Rutgers and Vandy, a CB with offers from Wisconsin, Nebraska, NC State, Illinois, and South Carolina, another Safety with offers from UConn, Louisville and Marshall....and he did all this (and more) with A TERRIBLE football team. That's WAY more impressive than recruiting for ND.

MLB ERA

I'm not sure if that was a reply to me or CJ, but I'll respond to my part. I go to Notre Dame and I'm a "fan" I guess, but my heart and soul is always with the Mountaineers.

First, Pat White was amazing and, although it will hurt in the long run, it's not going to be a huge deal this season. Jarrett Brown will be very good.

Second, McCoy went to those ****ers from Oakland, please don't insult West Virginia that way...

Third, good for Syracuse, I'm glad they're getting some recruits. But so is everyone else in the Big East and the rest of the country, and the fact is that Syracuse has put together a football team that can barely be classified as competitive the last couple of seasons. It's going to take a lot more than a couple of recruits with offers from mediocre schools to get things turned around.

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for Syracuse to turn things around, I'm merely commenting on the facts that are 1-10, 4-8, 2-10, and 3-9 seasons.

MLB ERA

It was a response to CJ, but I'll respond to your post, lol

I'm not sure why I did that, I was thinking of someone, and McCoy popped up in my mind, but obviously, you're right and he wasn't a Moutaineer.

Yes, everyone else is getting recruits, but the point of my argument is that the reason Syracuse fell so far behind the rest of the Big East was that for 3 years, Greg Robinson would either get no good recruits, or he'd rely on getting recruits that no one else wanted. Now we're competing with significantly higher tier than Cuse teams getting better recruits, which will start the climb back to respectability.

You're right, but we have a whole new coaching staff, we have gotten rid of players with no desire to win, and we have started in motion a process to improve. We won't win 9 games this year, obviously, but I guarantee that within 2-3 years, we'll have an above .500 team, competing for bowl berths, if not sooner.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Hey cj,

Syracuse beat Notre Dame.

I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12