Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tom Brady Out for the Season

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Tom Brady Out for the Season

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Brady did NOT already have the ball tucked away. If he did the controversial call would not have existed.

The reason why it was so controversial is because, while he had yet to "tuck" the ball back, it was obvious by his arm motion that he was not trying to pass the ball.

In short, he got away with it on a technicality, much like Vincent Jackson got away with a would-be costly fumble in the 2nd Chargers/Raiders game last year (or was it 2006?) when he made a "forward latteral" in a celebritory move after a catch.
    if he had it tucked, it should have been a fumble. they said his arm was still moving forward, which is why they said no fumble. it looked tucked to me.

NFL Rule 3, Section 21, Article 2, Note 2: "When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his hand starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    if he had it tucked, it should have been a fumble. they said his arm was still moving forward, which is why they said no fumble. it looked tucked to me.
    Thanks for agreeing with me, I guess.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Thanks for agreeing with me, I guess.
    no...you were stating that you believe he didn't tuck it and that it was an incomplete pass. I believe it was tucked and it should have been a fumble, which the refs said "no dice" on. That's not agreeing.

MLB ERA

You're close, but not quite.

I argued that he didn't have it tucked, which thereby made it technically an incomplete pass, but that his arm motion made it painfully obvious he wasn't trying to pass.

I have watched the play in question probably a hundred times. He had not completed "tucked" the ball yet at the time in which the ball left his hands.

I think common sense says it was a fumble, but the NFL rulebook says it wasn't.

MLB ERA

You're close, but not quite.
    no...it's your opinion that it wasn't tucked. it's my opinion that it was. I'm no more wrong than you are since it's an opinion.

The refs said he didn't have it tucked. I've watched the replay numerous times as well and my OPINION is that it was tucked and should have been a fumble. You can disagree, but it's an opinion. It's not like I'm saying it's my opinion that the Patriots won the Superbowl last year, which can easily be disproved because it's a fact that the Giants won. It's a fact that refs ruled it an incomplete pass, but that doesn't change my opinion that they got it wrong and that it was tucked.

I could "argue" like you, too...so here we go: your opinion is wrong Holly.

MLB ERA

What was the purpose of saying this unless you wanted to start a heated argument? Really prov? You are just trying to get Leo going. Keep the personal attacks to yourself, and stick to talking football.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    What was the purpose of saying this unless you wanted to start a heated argument? Really prov? You are just trying to get Leo going. Keep the personal attacks to yourself, and stick to talking football.
    I did what he did except I was joking and if someone can't tell the difference, that's not my problem. he basically said my opinion was wrong. neither opinion is wrong as that is the nature of an opinion.

MLB ERA

anyway, back to football like that football Giants fan says...

looks like this injury messes up many of the "expert" predictions of the Patriots winning the Superbowl. Obviously, anything can happen, but I just don't see it happening now.

MLB ERA

no...it's your opinion that it wasn't tucked. it's my opinion that it was. I'm no more wrong than you are since it's an opinion.

The refs said he didn't have it tucked. I've watched the replay numerous times as well and my OPINION is that it was tucked and should have been a fumble. You can disagree, but it's an opinion. It's not like I'm saying it's my opinion that the Patriots won the Superbowl last year, which can easily be disproved because it's a fact that the Giants won. It's a fact that refs ruled it an incomplete pass, but that doesn't change my opinion that they got it wrong and that it was tucked.

I did what he did except I was joking and if someone can't tell the difference, that's not my problem. he basically said my opinion was wrong. neither opinion is wrong as that is the nature of an opinion.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. The "You're close, but not quite" wasn't in reference to your opinion. It was in reference to your statement of what my opinion was.

I was simply stating you were not quite right in your statement of what my opinion was when you said that I was arguing that it was an incomplete pass.

You're right that I was stating that it wasn't tucked, but I wasn't trying to argue that it was an incomplete pass. (even though it technically was if it wasn't tucked.)

MLB ERA

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The "You're close, but not quite" wasn't in reference to your opinion. It was in reference to your statement of what my opinion was.

I was simply stating you were not quite right in your statement of what my opinion was when you said that I was arguing that it was an incomplete pass.

You're right that I was stating that it wasn't tucked, but I wasn't trying to argue that it was an incomplete pass. (even though it technically was if it wasn't tucked.)
    oh, OK then...my apologies Leo.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Sucks, there goes my fantasy team.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Sucks, there goes my fantasy team.
    there's someone in every league that is thinking that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.