Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre is a Jet

MLB ERA

Re: Brett Favre is a Jet

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Favre could lead the Chargers to a title, Rivers might be able to. In 2008, Favre is a better QB then Rivers. I'm not saying he's not talented, but Rivers is a whiny *****.
    T.O.'s a whiny ***** but he's still good. Being a whiny ***** has nothing to do with level of play. I still think Rivers is way better than Favre at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Bonn, the word "mostly" means most of the time, not one year.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I guess carrying your team to the NFC Championship game now qualifies as "mostly mediocre"....
    He said this decade, not this year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I guess carrying your team to the NFC Championship game now qualifies as "mostly mediocre"....
    He carried them? He didn't get any help? He also threw away the NFC Title Game as his D kept getting him the ball back but he couldn't do anything w/ it then he threw that season ending INT. he had a great year l;ast year but he has been mostly mediocre this decade. I hope everything turns out great, i hope we have to give GB a 1st rd pick but it's not a slam dunk move that is definitely going to work out.

MLB ERA

Agreed nyjunc. I thought the Jets were an 8/9 win team with Pennington at QB honestly. They were a bit unlucky last year and they shored up both sides of the ball. Faneca and Woody will help the OL as Mangold, Ferguson, and Moore continue to get better. Then you have Jenkins and Pace as well as the new draft pick Gholston who will shore up the front 7. Did they overpay for Jenkins and Pace? Probably. But the bottom line is the Jets made great strides in the offseason and their biggest weakness arguably was at quarterback. Now nobody should expect Favre to put up the same numbers as last year because a huge amount of his yards were YAC due to the Packer receivers' big-play ability which the Jets' WRs don't have as much of. Still it's definitely an improvement over Pennington or Clemens and I expect to see the Jets in the thick of things this season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Congrats to the Jets for overpaying for a QB who will not lead you to the playoffs! The Green Bay Packers will win more games than the Jets and the Packers will be geniuses. If you guys honestly think Brett Farve will come close to the year he had last year then you guys are just gullible. Prediction, Farve will throw more INTs than TDs.

MLB ERA

Excellent article here by Jeffri Chadiha of ESPN.com. This sums up my thoughts exactly!

ESPN - Favre's gone for good, but Packers fans shouldn't panic - NFL

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Congrats to the Jets for overpaying for a QB who will not lead you to the playoffs! The Green Bay Packers will win more games than the Jets and the Packers will be geniuses. If you guys honestly think Brett Farve will come close to the year he had last year then you guys are just gullible. Prediction, Farve will throw more INTs than TDs.

if you know football as well as you know baseball I feel very good about your prediction.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I can speak intelligently on any sport but only truly follow baseball. Baseball has been everything since I was little. I do know Farve has a great season last year and is not likely to duplicate it or even come close. Farve was shit two years ago and even worse three years ago.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    By the way, regardless of what he does, this is going to suck as much as seeing Montana in a chief jersey.
    Montana was still good in a Chief Jersey.

The Jets will give up a 3rd round draft pick for Farve. They wont make the playoffs for the following reasons.

1. Pats will win the division ( unfortunately)
    2. Wildcard race will be between Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Cleveland, and Denver.*edit maybe titans* If anyone in the AFC East were to compete for the wildcard it would be the Bills.

3. The Giants retooled O-Line still will give the old timer a tough time in the pocket.

Dont get me wrong I like the Jets and Bret but I dont see anything happening there.

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

MLB ERA

Yeah, Tampa Bay should be a big time AFC contender.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Yeah, Tampa Bay should be a big time AFC contender.
    lol woops, im a moron

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

MLB ERA

Seriously though, I think the Jets are definitely better than Cincinnati and Denver. Time will tell.

MLB ERA

You know what I find ridiculous? That Packer fans booed Aaron Rogers. Way to be behind your new quarterback....some people just need to get over the fact that Brett Favre isn't Superman. He's old. He's gone. Move on for god's sake. Talk about whiny *****es...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    If a basic 3rd rounder is too much for Brett Farve?!?!? Wasn't Deion Branch dealt for a 1st rounder?!?!? Just saying.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast