truly epic

GO ROGER

Re: DK's Wimbledon prediction!

haha, the usage of sudden death happens again

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This just shows the sheer determination and will that Federer has.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think you mean Nadal has!! Congrats to Nadal!!! Great ****ing match and now we get to hear the words "instant classic" every five minutes on ESPN. Those two words are too close to my least favorite of all-time.

MLB ERA

If Nadal-Federer was pay-per-view, I'd pay for it in a second
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

That was such an amazing match. Also a stellar post match trophy presentation and celebration by Nadal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I think you mean Nadal has!! Congrats to Nadal!!! Great ****ing match and now we get to hear the words "instant classic" every five minutes on ESPN. Those two words are too close to my least favorite of all-time.
    Nadal played the better match no question. But Federer defied the odds time after time though and only he would have been able to make the impossible comeback look possible against such a player, and new Wimbeldon champ, Raffa Nadal.

Two fantastic players and I only hope they up the ante yet again for the next Wimbeldon.

Closed
    AAA ERA

What a triumph for Raffa. I missed the match because I was at the beach, but it sure sounds like a classic. I will have to check the Tennis channel for a re-broadcast.

I think I can say that this match was better than a day at the beach, even though it is your last day there.

Epic.

Even McEnroe thanked each of the guys afterwards for allowing him to be a spectator at such an amazing match.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    Even McEnroe thanked each of the guys afterwards for allowing him to be a spectator at such an amazing match.
    WOW. If you can get MCENROE to thank you, you did something special. And this match was nothing short of special. I believe Epic is the perfect word bwitty
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Without a doubt, I would have to say that this was without question the greatest tennis match that I have ever watched in my life. Maybe it's because we were 40 or so people huddled around the TV, half rooting for Federer and the other half rooting for Nadal, but the whole thing was just epic and the shotmaking was fantabulous. It was by far better than Federer-Safin at the Aussie in 05, better than Sampras-Agassi 4-set tiebreak at the US Open, better than Roddick-El Aynaoui, better than Sampras-Rafter or Sampras-Ivanisevic and probably better than McEnroe-Borg in 80 but that one I've only watched on tape and not live. It was up there with the best sporting events of all time, I would say better than any Tiger major win, as good as the Diamondbacks beating the Yankees in 01, or the NCAA basketball final, all those classic Super Bowls, Texas-USC football or the epic OSU-Miami game, and I'm sure a bunch of other classics as well. Amazing. I'm giddy for another rematch.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree DK. People who hate on tennis have no idea what they missed. Best match I have ever seen, period. I think given the rain delays and the drama, it was even better than McEnroe and Borg (and I am a huge Johnny Mac fan.)

BTW, I assume we are all in agreement that Nadal is now the #1 in the world and Federer is #2. They are going to fight for that spot fiercely for the next few years.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh. And every single guy who was watching the match with me agreed that Rafa's mom is a MILF. We were all happy that she got a lot of camera time.

That's all I have to say about that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The guy count at my house (including my brother and I) was 6, we all agreed on that as well.

Oh and Nadal's celebration at the end, with climbing up to the royalty box, was terrific.... really gave the match another memorable moment.

Nadal still struggles on Hard Court though, but will most likely be number 1 soon.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast