Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA in for a lockout?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Yes! I want a lockout just so we can get some wonderful quotes from the Einsteins that play the game.

Like Kenny Anderson who complained during the last lockout that it was costing him his "$10,000 a month in hangout money" and that he would be forced to sell one of his eight luxury cars....or Iverson who had one of his Mercedes impounded due to non-sufficient payments...or the best, Ewing and his classic "Hey, we may make a lot of money, but we also spend a lot of money" excuse.

Know who I'm going to feel sorry for...Spreewell, how is he going to feed his family?????
    Haha, that is the best!
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I said 90% of professional athletes went to college. That percentage is just a guess, but should be accurate. But my thoughts on college players being able to budget their money comes from when a player like Lebraon James comes out of high school and everyone tries to use the excuse about him needing to go to college because he will have to mature through the experience and learn how to use his money right. Like I said before, I don't buy it.
    You know this reminds me of a Dennis Miller quote about Bill Gates "As rich as this man is, just think how much richer he would be had he simply finished college"

Lebron is lucky, because of his status he'll be marketable and shouldn't have to worry about money again. My fear is for those who are utility players at best and have to fight for a roster spot each year.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Hard to respect a game where the stars don't.
    You mean like Owens.. or Moss.. or Bonds?

If the NBA does lock out, then the college game will benefit tremendously. Greg Oden is even looking at college right now(Ohio St and Wake Forest)
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CS The Reds Fan
    If the NBA does lock out, then the college game will benefit tremendously. Greg Oden is even looking at college right now(Ohio St and Wake Forest)
    Exactly, how will the college game benefit so tremendously?

The average joe doesn't give a shit about college hoops 'til March.

Oh well. If people want to give the NCAA crooks more money, then go ahead. I want no part of that.

Good, have a lock out. College basketball is WAY better.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by aTrUeCUBsFaN
    Good, have a lock out. College basketball is WAY better.
    It's also WAY more corrupt. But like I said. Go ahead. Support those crooks. What the hell do I care.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    It's also WAY more corrupt. But like I said. Go ahead. Support those crooks. What the hell do I care.
    How is it corrupt?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    What the hell do you care? Then why the hell do you post and get defensive when people are praising the college basketball game. Another thing you seem to talk something from your butt. You go rip me in a profanity rant at the old board about me ripping the BCS and how the college football game is corrupt yet you think college basketball game is corrupt. Talk about being a hypocrite.

MLB ERA
    College football and college basketball.. it's all NCAA. Which I said earlier, is very very dirty. So what is your point?

I rip you in so many profanity rants, it's hard to keep count of them all.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrush77
    How is it corrupt?
    I think it's Daniel just being drunk and stupid. Either that, his brain is on drugs.

MLB ERA
    No, no. The NCAA can't possibly be corrupt, can it? Open your eyes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yes the NCAA is Corrupt, thats a given. But really they would benefit cause the HS will go to college instead of the NBA which is in a lockout situation. Brings better quality to the sport, talent wise across the board. Thats in theory.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Oh, absolutely.

You don't think the NCAA is licking their chops at exploiting the likes of LeBron, Oden, Amare, Garnett?

More green for them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Completly agreed, ATL.

Its a very f'd up system. Maybe Congress should focus on THEM and not the damn steroids issue.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12