Thread: Brett Favre Looking At Retirement?

MLB ERA

Brett Favre Looking At Retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    The Packers have officially announced Brett Favre's retirement. Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook said he thought Favre wanted to play another year, but didn't feel that the Packers wanted him back.
    It sounds like this story isn't over yet. "I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got," Cook said. Cook said the Packers didn't try to talk him out of retiring. When asked if Favre could be talked out of the decision, he said, "I don't know." ESPN's Chris Mortensen thought Favre sounded "absolute" about retiring.
    I say go ahead and retire.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Brett Favre Looking At Retirement?

It's the end of an era.

Maybe my favorite athlete of all-time. I enjoyed watching Favre play the game with such enthusiasm and I am very sad to see him leave. Goodbye to one of the all-time greats!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

A sure-fire Hall of Famer, most likely first ballot. I'd sure as hell vote for him. What a player. The definition of skill, durability, class, and determination. What skill is there that Brett did not have? He could do everything. And not to mention he defeated a drug addiction and had a ridiculous consecutive-game streak. He's one of the best ever, end of story. When I see Aaron Rogers take the field next year, it will be one of the weirdest things ever. But it was Favre's time to go. I support his decision, and I am priveliged to have watched him play.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Iron Man of the toughest sport as far as a beating goes (still think one game a week is weak). That is what makes him great to me. The numbers and stats help but the fact that he got out there every Sunday and played through the pain and everything else thrown at him is what makes a person great. I am glad he is leaving on his own terms and people who keep saying his last pass was to a NY Giant is just trying to be a dickhead. Farve's career cannot be summed up by one play. His first pass was to himself!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

His first pass was to himself!!
    Not many people know that fun little fact. Good point.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Being a Minnesota fan, I normally wouldn't care what GB does as long as they lose to us. But it will definately be wierd not seeing that #4 accross the field when we play the green and gold. He had a helluva career and it would be a shame if he didn't get elected to the HoF on his first ballot. Congrats to him for a great career.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

as a steeler fan, farve was one of my favorites. i will miss his play and win at all cost attitude.

enjoy retirement brett, and come back to the game for a visit every now and then.

MLB ERA

I will lose allot of respect for Favre if he retired because the Packers didn't sign Randy Moss.