Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup talk in here.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by msneezie31
    Yeah, what were they doing?? Kissing the ground and stuff?? Oh well, i love the soccer celebrations, i just wish everytime someone scored everyone would stop running to the corner to celebrate. I wonder how some of them dudes communicate with the refs and with other players in the game. Its always interesting to see the Anthems for each team as well. They all seem so funky. I just wanna know what they saying for the most part.
    Look online and google them. Couldnt be too hard to find. The reason they run to the corner is so that the referee pretty much assumes its not directed at anyone and henceforth cant be cautioned for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Being a youth referee gives you a lot of insight. Ive heard some referees are bilingual or more, the rules are handed down from a universal group and its the same regardless of where you go in the world, and some words are universally known . For example when the referee throws his hands up for "Play On" that symbol is the same if you play in the streets of NY to the hills of Germany, to the sands or Arabia, to the jungles of Africa, etc.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    The Germany/Poland match was exciting as hell. Despite the score.

Good looks Slyder, makes sense. I usually dont get into MLS soccer, but i try to watch as many World Cup matches as i can, which arent many. I started some Fantasy World Cup Team on Yahoo before the games started today, and i had the 2 guys from Saudi Arabia and the guy from Tunisia that scored today. Not a bad day overall i'd say. Little disappointed with the stud from Ukraine's performance, but not bad.

MLB ERA
    England's bad.

In comes, Rooney.

AA ERA
    Great games today. I'm sooo rooting for Ecuador over Germany. First of all, I'd like to see Germany vs. England (assuming Sweeden doesn't beat them, bad assumption), and I like Ecuador more. England played decent today, but I though T & T was gonna slip one past. Just couldn't get there. They aren't done yet though, beat Paraguay and they have a shot (albeit slight, helped if England can play great). The last game was great too. I thought Paraguay was gonna force the tie (whcih woulda been huge for T &T ,but not the case.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    LOL Ukraine.

Owned.
    **** you.

And **** you ATLien.

Actually, no, **** Ukraine. Now, I know our keepers always suck, but who'd we start this time, a ****in paraplegic?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Aaand Mexico played like absolute utter crap.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ivory Coast is a very underrated team. They had a LOT of chances to win that match.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I've been impressed with the African teams, so far. I don't think any will get out of the first round, but they've played a bunch of good teams very tightly.

I also hate the snobby ESPN commentators.

MLB ERA
    YEAH!!! Nederland 2-1!!!!

Great game, good D at the end. Pretty close though. I think they should have pushed the ball up the field more in the 2nd half instead of just settling for 2 goals.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Ghana up 1-0 on the Czechs in the 60th minute. Would almost kill our chances of advancing with one win, but would improve our chances of advancing as the top seed and avoiding that all important Brazil matchup.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually that would help us a little more than just having the Czechs win and pray to win 2.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Cech is amazing. Best keeper in the Cup that I've seen, this game should be 4-0.

MLB ERA
    GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

2-0 Ghana, now if the Czechs can just poke in a goal in the last minute.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I want to know how the #2 Czech Republic and the #5 USA teams get paired in the SAME group. And add Italy to Boot.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast